Author Topic: Back from vacation!  (Read 5155 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Back from vacation!
« on: October 31, 2011, 07:22:02 PM »
Hey FTS buddies!   We got home from vacation Saturday night, but I waited until Sunday morning to step on the scale.  I was SO happy to find that I stayed the same and didn't gain any!  I only cheated a couple little times while I was gone, but now I am ready to get down to business and get this ticker moving again!

As for our trip, we LOVED the Keys & didn't want to come home!  We stayed in Islamorada, but drove down to Key West 3 different days.  Phil fished every day except Friday, and caught LOTS of fish!  We went out to the reef on the glass bottom boat, and that was fun.  We never had a bad meal...found lots of FTS friendly dishes too.   

OH!!  Doug & Umpa, I still had your address from mailing in my Praise page.  On Wednesday as we headed to Key West, we drove by to check out a couple of the other resorts on our time share (planning ahead for next year! ;) )   I asked Phil if we could take a little detour and see if we could find your house!  OMG! I am SOOO jealous!! Your home is TOTALLY beautiful and what a location right on a waterway!! I wanted to get out and get my pic made by your funny "Big @$% truck Dr." sign, but I was afraid your neighbors would think I was a crazy stalker!  ::) ha ha  Oh, we saw several of those little Key deer too!  One ran right across the road in front of us.   They are SO cute!!  The weather was great, and the sunsets were amazing!  I'm planning to be at my goal weight by the time we go back!   ;D

Hope everyone had a great week.  I found out that I am addicted to the forum.....and my scale.  ha ha

Love & missed ya'll!!!
Jan

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Back from vacation!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »
Welcome home , Jan!... We missed you too!

I'm so happy to hear that you did not gain during vacation. That is a real triumph!!
You should be very proud of yourself. I certainly am!
 :) :) :) :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 07:39:27 PM »
You go girl , you didnt gain because you were a good girl , Missed you too glad your back  :-*

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 08:16:49 PM »
Welcome back Jan!!  I'm glad you guys had a great time.....Your pics are awesome!!  I'm ready to go now...LOL 8) 8)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 09:36:20 PM »
Thanks!!    Yeah, the 2 things I cheated on was really not even worth it!  I ate too many tortilla chips one night with salsa, and one day at lunch I got a salad that came in one of those crispy bowls.....and I ate the bowl.  ha ha   Looking back, I wish I had cheated on a big ole piece of Key lime pie!  Oh well......   ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 08:06:44 AM »
 :D :D :D :D You should have taken the picture!!! My neighbors are wonderful!Next time come when I am home and I will take you and hubby fishin and snorkeling! :D :D

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 11:30:35 AM »
Umpa that would be AWESOME!!  We just drove by and turned around in that big space beside your house.  Oh trust me, Phil did notice and commented that Doug has a NICE boat!!  (Gosh....we DO sound like stalkers don't we?  ha ha)  ;D  
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:43:51 PM by Maddysmom »

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 08:02:06 PM »
Maddysmom, glad your back and all went well..... ;D ;D ;D ;D
With God all things are possible
Rosie

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 10:43:26 AM »
lol, you are too funny Jan... Welcome back.. It is beautiful down there.. To think its my back yard and I dont get to visit as often as I would like....
Did you go to Fantasy Fest?  lol jk.. trust me not your cup of tea, I think?  ??? :-\ ;D  You see some crazy stuff down in the keys...
Congrats on your weight.. See that is why I cancelled the cruise we had booked for the week of Thanksgiving.. Instead, I went ahead and book in St Augustine and that means lots of walking and NO BUFFETS!!!  ;D ;D

Oh my, and my countdown starts.. 16 days til my vacation... YAY!!!
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 03:11:48 PM »
Hey Alex!  It's funny, but we didn't know about Fantasy Fest until after we had already booked the transfer on our time share; however, we stayed up in the middle keys.  Our first night at dinner in Islamorada, we met some folks from Georgia. They said we should really go down to Key West and "experience" Fantasy Fest, but said to keep an "open mind".  OMG!!!!!!!!!  ha ha ha ha   I took SOOO many pictures!  I have never seen anything like that in my entire life   :o.....especially not in broad daylight!!!  (I think a few people took pics of ME because I had this shocked look on my southern baptist face!!! ha ha)   We laughed SO much and had a total BLAST!!!  I now have 2 sets of vacation pics......my mom only got to see one set.  ha ha ha

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 06:15:38 PM »
I kindly request to see the other set then. Yeah I know lots of people that go and you have to be open minded without a doubt.  Even my sister dressed up or that would dressed down a few times. Not really my style but to each their own I say.  
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:25:21 PM by Alex Cruz »
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 07:16:14 PM »
Wow, Jan!... I'm afraid to ask what you took pictures of.

I hope the place is not like the Haight-Ashbury district of San Francisco on New Year's.
A lot of old hippies come out and party hearty... I mean REALLY party hearty!!!
They go a bit nuts and a bit obscene! :D :D :D :D
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 06:05:17 AM »
i wanna see them  ;D

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 07:38:06 AM »
Well....apparently they consider body paint to be "clothing" during Fantasy Fest in Key West.   I mean these shops do VERY elaborate painting.  In some cases, it was really amazing.  :o There's no telling how much some of those people paid because it had to have took hours to have some of those designs painted.  I saw two ladies who had like african scenes with zebras, lions & tigers painted on their chests.   Another lady's whole torso was a cat's face, and her boobs were the cats eyes.  The theme was "aquatic afrolic" so LOTS of folks were painted up like fish scales, and we saw several mermaids. One lady and her husband appeared to have been painted together, and when they stood side by side, the picture was 2 big pink flamingos standing in tall green grass painted on them.  (and the husband had on a pink feathery tutu on his bottom half!  ha ha)  It was CRAZY!!!  

However, nobody was doing anything wild, they were just parading up and down the streets like it was a huge mascarade party.   The cops were out in full force, but they were just walking up and down the streets too.   It was funny to see it all, but we were really glad that we were staying up North of Key West where it was just quiet and relaxing.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:54:19 AM by Maddysmom »

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 08:37:02 AM »
Jan it sounds like some of those folks that go to the bike rallies....LOL   some of those body paintings are really pretty if you can get past the idea that the girl has nothing on  :o :o