Author Topic: FAILURE  (Read 4455 times)

KFAITH

• View Profile
FAILURE
« on: October 24, 2011, 08:44:50 AM »
I AM NOT GOING TO LIE TO YOU ALL, I BLEW MY DIET SO BADLY THE ENTIRE WEEKEND! I STILL KNOW THIS WORKS, I AM NOT GIVING UP, I AM RIGHT BACK ON FTS TODAY, BUT FEEL LIKE A TERRIBLE FAILURE, SEEMS EVERY WEEKEND I GO BACK TO MY 'OLD WAYS' AND AM GETTING NO WHERE DOING THIS. FEELING PRETTY MAD AT MYSELF. ;(  WE MET FAMILY SATURDAY WENT TO A FALL FESTIVAL AND HAD SUCH FUN, ATE OUTDOORS IN THE CRISP FALL AIR, THAN TO AN  APPLE ORCHARD, AND  THE APPLES SMELLED SO GREAT AND I HAD TO HAVE ONE.... THAN COKE A COLA.... YEP TOTALLY BLEW IT.  :'( :'( :'(
With God all things are possible
Rosie

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: FAILURE
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 08:53:50 AM »
You really need to decide what is more important....you or the food. The food is an addiction, I'm not going to lie we all have to make that choice. Sometimes it's easy, other times it's tough. But if you're faithful to the program for at least two weeks straight all those cravings go away...completely.  Then you are free to go to a fall festival and feel good about being there, not needing to eat to make it fun. You can do this, you can...but you need to put you first...not the food.
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 09:05:44 AM »
Kfaith being prepared for your weekends will be the key to resolving your weekend downfalls. Make a date with yourself in the kitchen every Friday and prepare deviled eggs, deli roll ups, snap green beans, asparagus spears, chicken wings, cheese tray etc ........snack trays are your key to snatch and grab foods. If you go out and about bring your cooler full of your food and diet soda's.... NO MORE full sugar Coke!!!   >:(

We're not going to give up on you KFaith  BUT......... YOU have to Woman Up and set a commitment
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 09:09:58 AM »
Rosie ,people eat for just about every reason in the world but hunger. You need to get your brain in a position that sugar/carbs are poison for you.You need to fully detox for two weeks without cheating and like sherripie said all your cravings will end.You can do this,it will work but you have to want it. Its not just about weight loss ,its about improving your health so you can walk and function.We are always here for you.You need to figure out what triggers this behavior. ;)

joagain

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 09:13:38 AM »
Kfaith never stop trying ,but you do have to stick with it for 2-3 weeks so all those nasty carb addictions will go away . It is very hard for sure when you are doing it by yourself . I have been doing FTS without my hubby I have fixed his lunch every morning with all the junk that I use to love . It was veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hard the first 2 weeks after that I no longer wanted any of it .

But 2 weeks with no cheating or tasting anything at all is the only way you will get thru the terrible carb addiction . Until then you are just back pedaling .

We are here for you ,you are not a failure if you get back up ! ;D

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 11:11:55 AM »
Kfaith I agree with everyone else.  You must get through that first couple of weeks to get the sugar/cravings out of your system without giving into your desires.  It does take discipline and because we care and are your support group we are not going to lie or sugar coat the truth.  You need to hear it.  You are not a failure!  You slipped up and gave in to family and old habits.  You associate those foods with the festival.  You now have to unassociate those foods with the festival and fun.  It's going to really be uncomfortable at first not to engage in those behaviors but if you do as Doug recommended and bring some of your own FTS friendly snacks you won't feel the urge to give in.  I always eat FTS before a family function/outing and bring along a yummy sweet treat that I enjoy so I don't feel deprived.  After you've gotten rid of the sugar in your system those things will seem too sweet to you and make you feel bad so you'll prefer healthier options I promise!  You could also drink diet drinks or water even at a festival.  They usually have protein  (burgers, hot dogs) that you can eat without the bun.  Apples you can have 1/4 of one instead of the whole thing...share it with a family member so it doesn't seem a waste.

Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 12:37:25 PM »
Hi Rosie, :)

Your FTS family members have given you everything you need to ultimately succeed at reaching your goal.
Now, your decisions are the only thing standing in the way.

The Lord wants you to be healthy and happy.
So faithfully pray for the strength of solid commitment to FTS, and He'll give you what you need.
But you must do your part and meet Him halfway... He expects that from you.

Like others have said, the first couple of weeks are the most demanding.
But once you get past sugar detox, you'll have little problem and feel like a million bucks too! ;)
It's soooooo worth it!!!
What you do today is what matters!

snobles

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 01:25:15 PM »
@KFaith, we all have our ups and downs, I still have craveings for the sweets, but I just go for (Fat to skinny approved of course!:-)the fruits and veggies that are similar in taste. I haven't had a banana in soooo long! and I LOVE bananas!! and to tell you the truth, I don't even miss them! Once I saw how many carbs were in them!! We just have to learn to be stronger than the temptations! It's all in how bad you wanna loose the weight. A moment on the lips, forever on the hips!

BarbaraBuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 02:09:41 PM »
KFaith,
My heart aches along side yours. I, too, have considered myself a failure. All of our FTS supporters have posted positive uplifting and factual posts that not only help you but help me in my quest to be sugar free. The promise I keep ever in front of me is that Tomorrow is a NEW day. A day in which I can be a success. My faith tells me not to worry about things in life and that through God grace will be given. I hope these words offer you a measure of comfort and support!

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything; you may have an abundance for every good deed;

Barbara

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 03:56:20 PM »
Thanks Barb, thanks all of you, I am listening to every word you said to me!!!!  I know in September I had went like 4 weeks plus no cheating and I was really rid of the cravings even went to family get togethers and did well, than I started cheating a bite here a bite there, than really messing up on weekends when family is around.  I have done well today. I will definetely do what Doug said and use Friday to fix up some nice treats for the weekends.  My hubby is not heavy, and he has diabetes and heart disease, he will eat about anything I fix, but still needs his breads and fruits he says.  My granddaughter is here lots and she will not eat what we eat she is a very picky eater. So I cannot keep the house completely free of 'temptation. I appreciate everything you have told me here and welcome any advice you have and PRAYERS please.  I know I am not going to live if I do not change things and now, my life is at stake.  I want so much to be able to walk well again and all that I miss out on. STRESS is a big issue for me, my daughter is giving me 'lots' of worry right now, and when I am stressed all my life I have turned to comfort with food.  My mother thought food was the answer to all our problems, it was her way of showing 'love' and I have got to get that 'comfort' out of me and turn to God for my comfort.
Rosie

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 05:19:17 PM »
Kfaith, I want you to go out and buy a pair of 12 sized jeans....yes I said 12.....hang them on the wall right in front of your face. The next thing I want you to do is using a sharpie felt pen write your current weight on top of one of the legs of the jeans along with the date....each time you weigh in write the weight and date below the prior record. These will be your notches on the gun Kfaith and the day you put those jeans on you'll be so damn proud of all those sharpie entries.

Ask Rena....her motivation was a pair of Mickey Mouse Shorts....which I believe are now to big for her  :o

Do it  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 06:23:23 PM »
@Doug, I will do that, I don't have to go buy a pair, I saved a pair I was wearing in 1985, I will get them out and begin doing that ;) thanks
Rosie

binky04

• I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 06:45:29 PM »
Good luck, Kfaith!!  You can do this!!  I know how hard it is to not go back to old eating habits.  This past weekend my husband and I along with some friend went to TN.  I used to ALWAYS have to have blueberry pancakes from the Log Cabin Pancake House, but this trip I said no to the pancakes.  I have to say it was extremely hard to pass them up, but I did.  I had scrambled eggs with bacon instead.  I decided that my weight loss was more important than a moment of pleasure from eating the pancakes.  My husband told me that since I've done so good with my weight loss that I should treat myself to the pancakes, but I said absolutely not.  If I cheat now, it would be to easy to cheat anytime I wanted to.  I hope you get back on track and stay there.

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 06:55:58 PM »
Oh sweet Rosie, that is exactly what was happening to me the first couple of months...For me its so hard sometimes because at work we are always having an activity or a bake sale  >:( and they place it right on the entrance... Its frustrating but I have learned.. Just like Doug said, being proactive is a great benefit from failing...I buy beef/turkey mini saugages (Winconsin) which are zero carbs. I also have sprite zero at work (a 12 pack, I dont drink this everyday) SF candies but I only carry 1-2 so I am not overwhelmed..I know you can do it and trust me, it gets better... You rock...

Doug, I think Im going to do that with the Jeans.. I like that idea alot... :)
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 08:06:21 PM »
Thanks Binky and Alex, really enjoyed what you had to say...thanks.
Rosie