Author Topic: katary's pork rind cupcakes ROCK  (Read 78224 times)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
katary's pork rind cupcakes ROCK
« on: September 14, 2011, 03:31:10 PM »
From a post by Katary on April 30, 2010

>>> OK batter= you guessed it!!! 5oz ground pork rinds=0carbs
                                                    3 eggs=3carbs
                                                    2 tsp baking powder=0carbs
                                                    2 tsp cream of tartar=0carbs
                                                    4 oz cream cheese=4carbs
                                                    12 oz sugar free maple syrup=
                                                                  0carbs
                   for a total of 7 carbs..yield 12 cupcakes=.58 carbs per
                                                  cupcake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i mixed all the dry ingredients in a large bowl,added eggs & cream cheese & maple syrup>>> then mixed with a hand held mixer until batter was creamy>>>then baked at 350 for 25 minutes  oh the aroma!!!!!

out of the oven until cool and iced each cupcake with Walden farms chocolate dip =0carbs(this dip also comes in caramel&marshmallow flavors) and there you have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

a passing thought was to top 1/2 with the marshmallow one and sprinkle with the almond meal...but just couldnt bring myself to spend that carb!!!!

I made these just now and wow I can hardly wait for them to cool I want one so bad! I didn't have sugar free maple syrup so I substituted 8 oz of Torani SF Brown Sugar Cinnamon syrup and 4 oz of Waldens Farms SF Pancake syrup.  I also added 1 tsp of cinnamon to the dry ingredients.  I plan to feed to hubby before I tell him what they are made of LOL.  Thanks Katary!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:35:47 PM by suzlyn454 »
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

shawn116

Re: katary's pork rind cupcakes ROCK
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 04:22:50 PM »
yummmm  Those sure look good  ;)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 07:11:36 AM »
Okay, now for the rest of the story LOL.  After dinner last night I fixed these cupcakes for hubby.  I heard "mmmmm, these are good".  I wish you could have seen his face when I told him they were made with pork rinds LOL.  He was impressed.  Would have never guessed it.  He called TooSweet and told her he just ate cupcakes made with "pork rind dust"  :D :D

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 09:36:58 AM »
He sure did!!!  LOL  ;D ;D   I can't wait to try these myself  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 09:40:19 AM »
Katary is wonderful! They look really good suzlyn! :)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 11:11:48 AM »
Umpa, they really did taste great.  I am so surprised.  On Katary's same post there is a recipe for pizza crust made from pork rinds.  That is next on my "to try" recipe box.

chattycathie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 04:29:19 PM »
OK, I'm trying these!  My brother said pork rinds are 99 cents at Aldi's Foods.  They are $2.00 a bag in other stores.  I'm on my way to Aldi's.  They have all kinds of cheaper groceries.  They look delicious.  I am back on FTS again.  My blood sugar started back up, so I am trying to behave again. LOL  Don't need to loose much more weight, but loosing inches around the middle would be nice.  Can't wait to try these.

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 04:49:09 PM »
Hubby took two of these to work, supposedly for his lunch, but he didn't get to eat them.  After telling someone about them they said they would like to taste them.....so he got them out and shared them.  Now the "pork rind cupcake" recipe from katary is making it's rounds at the nuclear plant where hubby works.  Ya'll better go buy up those pork rinds, they're gonna dissappear off the shelves tonight. LOL   :D :D

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »
Yep they are delish!!!!  I was able to try one of Suz's cup cakes today.... headed out to the store now to stock up on the porkrinds...LOL ;) ;)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 06:37:36 PM »
;)   the pizza crust is also awesome:) as well as the breads & spanakameatsa:) my 15 yr old daughter BEGS me to make the bread every weekend..... ENJOY:)

joagain

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 06:37:53 PM »
could yu not smell the porkrinds while you were eating them ? I guess BarBQue skins wont work  LOL

That is a joke  ;D I aint that bad at cooking . I made half of the banana walnut bread recipe and made it in 6 cupcakes . Man they were delis too .

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »
Jo you wouldn't even know they were in there if you didn't know ahead of time.   It really kind of reminded me of bread pudding with the spices Suz put in there, and yes the banana nut bread is definitely good.  :D

Katary thanks so much for the recipes!!  I think I might need to check the bread out  ;)

BarbaraBuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 01:55:57 PM »
I cannot wait to print this recipe off and try them! I have to admit, I wasn't too sure about  using pork rind, but after all teh positive comments, i am going to make them tonight!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 07:09:42 AM »
Barbara, let us know what you think!!
Suz

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 09:11:20 AM »
Barbara in the Bakery book I made biscuits with porkrinds and bread.It really is a great flour because of the fat it stays moist. ;)