Author Topic: Just starting to excerise  (Read 1925 times)

sistabec

• AOL Instant Messenger - sistabec
    • View Profile
    • Email
Just starting to excerise
« on: August 11, 2011, 11:18:48 PM »
I am Type 2 diabetic who with FTS'S help am now controlled! I have lost 35 lbs and am now ready to add exercise. I have been walking 2 miles every other day and have found that mid-walk my blood sugar drops. I have gone from 5 shots a day to 1 and now feel like I need to start decreasing that dosage. ;D I need to eat something before walking and just can't decide what to do. Don't want to mess up my dinner with too many carbs. I'm coming from work and don't necessarily have any protein handy. What can I stash in my car?
Can someone explain why some of us repel so long when the answer is right in front of us? Oh well, at least we finally get it!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
Re: Just starting to excerise
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 06:34:32 AM »
I have found some 0 carb pepperoni minis (9g protein) or pepperoni sticks (6g protein) made by Hormel.  These don't have to be refrigerated.  Kind of like beef jerky.  I throw them in the car if I am going shopping and it's been a while since I ate.  Don't want to be hungry while shopping (old mentality LOL), cause now I'm not normally hungry all the time with FTS.  I would suggest some nuts, but I have to be careful because of the carbs, but I think almonds or walnuts would be good.  Congrats on the 35 lbs! 
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 09:47:03 AM »
Beef Jerky is the best choice, home made with my recipe if possible. Glad to see you're doing so well sistabec :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 10:19:13 AM »
awesome... I try to take some beef or turkey bites.. 0 carbs... made by Wisconsin something..

congrats on the 35lbs.. I know how you feel.. its such an awesome feeling...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:33:43 AM »
Hello my friend! Peanut butter or 1 carb protein bar is my choice. Down at the big lots on tunnel road they have the carb well protein bars (in the medicine section) they are 1-2 carbs per bar.I am so happy for you! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »
Hi sistabec! :)

I was a type II diabetic until last March when my doctor declared that I no longer was afflicted.
It was all thanks to FTS!

It sounds like you're on the road to the same place... A truly great place to be! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!