Author Topic: Holy batflaps AGH!  (Read 23213 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Holy batflaps AGH!
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 12:45:46 PM »
I would never spend $14 for a bag of flour,I spend $4. This is not expensive.Flaxseed is about $3 a bag at any grocery store. The Bakery book is for treats,not everyday food.Remember meats and greens. ;)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 02:00:20 PM »
Try an other health food store for almond meal.  I've never seen it that expensive.  I doesn't have to be organic.  I know we can't buy things as easily as our American friends, but you can get ground flax meal at Bulk Barn very reasonable.  As everyone has said, the baked goods are for treats, not for every day eating.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 09:47:45 AM »
In Asheville we  can get it in the bins in the health food stores,by the pound.Its alittle higher in carbs but acceptable.Bobs red mill is also acceptable its 8 carbs a cup.Alot of people on the forum grind their own almonds too ;)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 10:18:16 AM »
Hi NOVOFLUX :)
When I started FTS, I was on an EXTREME budget! I'm a single mom of two kids, and worked only part time with a car payment, and outragous rent. I PROMISE you that you CAN do this! Even on FOODSTAMPS!! I stayed the course, and lost an amazing amount of weight...drink lots of water though :)
I have such FAITH in this program! I wish everyone I know would try it lol

As for the bat flaps...either they have tightened up...or I got used to them...not sure which. lol I actually went to a WATER PARK in august and had the time of my life! Even in my bathing suit in front of thousands of people ;) Thanks for the encouragement and support guys  ;D

I am off the one-year's "plateau" As Doug pointed out..not really a plateau, since I had a lot of sugar in my life...but I didn't gain!! (yay me!)
Now I'm on day 7 of my return to the FTS lifestyle, and I'm FINALLY off of my detox..whew! that was tough. But now I'm so energized, haven't lost any according to the scale...but my clothes are definatley looser hooRAY

So please, please, please, don't let your budget get you down...you CAN do this!! We are all here to help you! God Bless and message me anytime ;) ~Renae

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »
You gotta have the "WANT TO".63 pounds I am so proud of you zombiegirl :)

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »
Hi Girls!!

Sherri... thanks so much for posting this:

"I can tell you that thankfully with FTS you lose slowly enough that it's not that big of a problem. I'm in my 40's and lost 200 pounds and thankfully I don't have an extra person hanging off me. I think it's those plateaus we all complain about. I think it firms up during that time and then we start losing again."

It made me feel so much better. I have been losing...I am excercising as well. I was always a very round compact fat person, and now it's like someone is letting the air out of the balloon. I am droopy and squishy all over. I am drinking a spinach smoothie every morning for the retinol benefits and more water and green tea than I can hold... but I am terrified of looking like a melted candle... with bat flaps... forever.  ??? My daughters have jokingly called my tummy a "marsupial pouch"... poked at it and asked me where I put my baby Kangaroo. It was cute at first, but now I am a little scared.
I am just over 30 pounds down with a goal of 90 or so more to go.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »
Your body will adjust just fine! Your kids have a wicked sense of humor! :D :D
Welcome to the forum suzanneT! I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. ;)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »
This is an interesting older post that I haven't seen before.  I can give a bit of advise about the batflaps.....My weight is 100 lbs lower than my highest weight (though I need to drop about 10-15 lbs).  Ya'll are soooo right.  EXERCISE and WATER.  It's an older tape but it really works if anyone wants to try it.  The Firm Volume I ~ Susan Harris is the instructor. 

As far as eating lower carb being too expensive?  I find it costs quite a bit less.  Just keep it simple and don't get pulled into thinking you need all of the "convenience" foods.  Eggs ~ Tuna Fish ~ Purchase your meats in the mornings when the stores like Food Lion discount them (sometimes twice making them 1/2 off) or Sams or Costco in bulk.  Bring it home and section it out for the freezer.  Purchase frozen low carb veggies at Kroger for $1.00 per bag.  You don't have to have the more expensive treats, bars, shakes, etc.  It also helps alot if you don't buy the crappy food for others in the house.  Add a potato or brown rice to their meal if they want the carbs ~ They don't need the Little Debbies either!!  This has been my experience anyways  :)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 09:02:27 PM »
Now we know for sure that KimP has spunk!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2012, 09:49:57 AM »
Yeppers Andrea! ;D I find it cheaper too. I was the pre-package queen when my daughter was younger because of time.Fresh food is cheaper food .You don't tend to buy more than you need . ;)

Mare

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2014, 08:32:03 PM »
Hi! how much weight have you lost? I just started this diet and I'm so scared about the loose skin issue :( when did you start to notice loose skin?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2014, 08:30:32 AM »
Welcome Mare! I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.Dont be afraid of loose skin. How much weight do you have to lose?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2014, 12:38:36 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Mare!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Be sure to drink AT LEAST 64 to 80 ounces of water everyday.
That will help keep skin cells hydrated and reduce loose skin issues.
Drink even more if you exercise and/or work to perspiration.

BTW, FAT TO Skinny is NOT a diet!
It's a lifestyle eating plan where we substitute healthy low carb foods for our old high carb favorites.
Doing this, we don't feel deprived and can stay on course for a lifetime! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!