Author Topic: unbelievable  (Read 8244 times)

Richard

• View Profile
unbelievable
« on: March 15, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »
Doug, haven't been on hear lately. I thought i would let you know that since the 2nd week in January I have lost 52 pounds. The thing that you didn't let me know is how much money I will be spending on new clothes even my shoes are getting too loose. Dr is not believing it either that a person that will be 60 in June is doing this without starving. He is wanting to do a blood profile on me. Is this necessary? Thanks Doug you are saving my life. And in the last 3 weeks I have gotten 4 other people on this life style change. This weekend I worked on the farm like a 30 year old. No joke my wife had to stop me. Having a ball

downeast

• View Profile
Re: unbelievable
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 09:59:06 PM »
Doug: it seems you have created Katary II here.  ;)

scottinflorida

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:25:17 PM »
Well done Richard!  You need to come to the forum more often and share that success story - it's great to hear!

owensmath

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 08:09:55 AM »
Richard, let him do the bloodwork as he will see great results compared to the previous ones that are pre-FTS.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 08:49:06 AM »
You crack me up! :D :D :D Welcome to the forum.If I can help please ask.I am umpa ,dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. Wait till your wife finds out you are about to get frisky!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 09:20:09 AM »
Hi Richard, is the blood work necessary?That's up to you and the doc to decide. My guess is he thinks you have a physical disorder which has caused you to lose 52 pounds in 6 weeks.....heck, my doc suspected AIDS when he saw my weight loss! Many in the medical community have a hard time wrapping their brains around the simplicity of the concepts we follow. It wouldn't hurt to have blood drawn and a profile set up at your age....kinda like checking the plumbing. Have him add a PSA test (prostate blood test)  into the mix to check your levels, avoid the finger this year  ;)

Congratulations on your success, please send me before and after pics to DougVarrieur@fattoskinny.com  ;D
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Countrygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:53:09 AM »
Way to go Richard. You really need to come to the forum more often and share your success stories. This is GREAT!!!  ;D ;D ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 11:21:47 AM »
Welcome back Richard!  :)

That's fantastic!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Like Doug says, it's a good idea to see what's going on in your system by having a blood profile done.

Last week, I saw my doc and he declared that I'm no longer considered diabetic and my blood pressure is now well within normal limits.
For details, read the thread at: http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2199.msg19816#msg19816
As you read further down in the topic, you'll see the remaining numbers on my blood panel.
What you do today is what matters!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 11:25:53 AM »
Wow that is wonderful Richard!!  I would have the blood work done, just so there is no question in anyone's mind that your health is improving.

joagain

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 12:39:06 PM »
Way to go Richard  !

Rena

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 11:13:53 PM »
Congratulations, Richard!

Good luck with your blood work and please let us know how it goes.