Author Topic: Peanut Butter Milkshake OMG!!!  (Read 23446 times)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Peanut Butter Milkshake OMG!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 10:33:47 AM »
Hey everyone, I found a peanut butter that is WONDERFUL!
The brand name is Fifty50
Here are is the label:

Serv. Size: 2TBSP
Calories: 190
From Fat: 140
Total Fat: 16g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 0mg
Total Carb: 7g
Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 7g

So, if I remember my FTS book correctly..can't double check, because it's in a box in storage at the moment..I believe that is only one net carb for 2Tbsp?

anyway, Very low carbs, and the flavor is wonderful! I use it as a quick snack on a spoon at work, because I can run around with it. Plus, it's filling so I don't get the munchies and end up eating the bad things!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 11:40:09 AM »
Hey everyone, I found a peanut butter that is WONDERFUL!
The brand name is Fifty50
Here are is the label:

Serv. Size: 2TBSP
Calories: 190
From Fat: 140
Total Fat: 16g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 0mg
Total Carb: 7g
Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 7g

So, if I remember my FTS book correctly..can't double check, because it's in a box in storage at the moment..I believe that is only one net carb for 2Tbsp?

anyway, Very low carbs, and the flavor is wonderful! I use it as a quick snack on a spoon at work, because I can run around with it. Plus, it's filling so I don't get the munchies and end up eating the bad things!

Hi Renae! :)

The net carbs are 7 (total) minus 3 (fiber) equal 4 net carbs per 2 TBSP (or 2 carbs per 1 TBSP).
Do NOT subtract "sugars".
You may subtract "sugar alcohols", if listed.

If you mix it with Beanit Butter (50-50), you'll cut the carbs in half to 1 per TBSP.
What you do today is what matters!

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 12:25:59 PM »
I thought you also subtracted your proteins??? whoops

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »
Mouseissue - I did not think about mixing the Fifty50 with the Beanit! I have both and will definitely do that, thank you!

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
ok...don't call me silly names for this...but I had been doubling this recipe so I could have a full glass of yumminess...  ::)  but i found that my weight loss stalled!  So I added up the calories in my double shake and it came to around 740 calories!!! :o  Now, I know that we don't count calories, but, when you eat/drink that many calories before bed every night...not a good thing!! lol   ???   So I was talking to Owensmath and she suggested that I use unsweetened almond milk instead of the heavy cream!! So I tried it with everything else the same except I add a glass 3/4 full of crushed ice and it was just as delicious and hasn't stalled my weight loss!!!   8)   So I'm back in the yumminess and have lost weight to boot!! Yippee!!!!   ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »
ok...don't call me silly names for this...but I had been doubling this recipe so I could have a full glass of yumminess...  ::)  but i found that my weight loss stalled!  So I added up the calories in my double shake and it came to around 740 calories!!! :o  Now, I know that we don't count calories, but, when you eat/drink that many calories before bed every night...not a good thing!! lol   ???   So I was talking to Owensmath and she suggested that I use unsweetened almond milk instead of the heavy cream!! So I tried it with everything else the same except I add a glass 3/4 full of crushed ice and it was just as delicious and hasn't stalled my weight loss!!!   8)   So I'm back in the yumminess and have lost weight to boot!! Yippee!!!!   ;D

Hi MommaB! :)

Sounds like owensmath's suggestion led you to a tasty alternative for this drink! :)
I'll try it out next time I make a milkshake.

I try not to eat or drink ANYTHING (except plain water) 3 hours before bedtime.
On occasion (and that's seldom), I'll have a SF Jello with 0 carb WC... But that's it!
And that, I'll no less than about 90 minutes before bedtime.

I found if I eat near bedtime, I don't sleep as as well. And my weight loss suffers, too!

50-50 has sugar alcohols.
By compounding the effect of them on slowing weight loss PLUS consuming them too close to bedtime,
I'm not at all surprised that you stalled-out.

I believe the calories had little (if anything) to do with your stall-out! ;)

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 10:05:28 PM »
Thanks Tony!! I don't know what 50/50 is...I use Beanit Butter, Walden Farms sf chcolate syrup, and unsweetened almond milk!! But it is very yummy and only 1/2 carb. for the almond milk!!!   ::)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »
50/50 is named 50/50 because they give 50 % of their profits to diabetic research.The jellies are wonderful but check the carb counts on their products before you buy MommaB.Most grocery stores and Pharmacies carry them in the diabetic aisle. :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 12:31:43 PM »
50/50 is named 50/50 because they give 50 % of their profits to diabetic research. ...

Hi Umpa! :)

What if the CEO of 50-50's company visited this site and discovered the cure for type II diabetes (that I can attest is absolutely REAL)?
Would s/he send you and Doug some of their profits?
Just a thought... ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 07:57:41 AM »
I will take that check Tony! :D
MommaB you might be suprised. You are close to owensmath in murphy?Walmart sells them by the pharmacy. ;)

owensmath

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 10:47:41 AM »
Momma B, we do have a diabetic aisle in the pharmacy area. But, I think that the 50/50 products may be located with their regular counter parts like peanut butter, jelly, cookies, etc... I can't remember for sure.

shawn116

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 08:01:37 PM »
Wow I can't believe how good this is!!  I used the unsweetened almond milk and it came out wonderful.  Are you sure we can have this???  It feels like I'm cheating  ;D ;D
This is how I made mine.
1 cup unsweetened almond milk = 1
1 T Smart Balance all natural peanut butter =2
2 T SF Hershey's =.5
6 ice cubes
I drank the whole thing and now I am way to full...LOL  :P

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »
Thanks everyone! I guess that I should look around Wal-Mart a little more closely Owensmath!! hahaha I'm happy with my Beanit Butter either way!!!  8)

Stay cool!!   ::)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 09:58:53 AM »
TooSweet i love your new pic! You look great girlfriend! :)

Rena

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 11:15:40 AM »
Now that I'm back on track, I just might give this one a try. ;)

Too Sweet -- I agree with Umpa. You look great!