Author Topic: Easier to follow the program as the days go on...  (Read 8110 times)

guypacot

• View Profile
    • Guy's Weight Loss Story
Easier to follow the program as the days go on...
« on: February 03, 2011, 06:59:19 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Every day the program gets easier to follow.  I'm not even tempted to eat carbs and have stayed below 20g daily.  I'm finding I'm getting my carbs through the things I add to my meals (small amounts in salad dressings, soy sauce, walnuts to salads, etc.) and the one 5 net gram snack bar or another palmful of walnuts candied with butter and Truvia.

This morning I made my own version of quick jerky with thin-sliced beef (8 oz. for two meals) marinated in 2 tbsp of canola, 1tbsp of lite soy sauce, 2 tbsp of spicy mustard (I'm loving finding things with 0 carbs that taste good!), and 1.5 tsps of Frank's Red Hot sauce.  Baked it low and slow in the oven and what a great thing with my hard-boiled egg and coffee!  Still waiting for the GG Crispbread or I'd have a slice of that too!  I'm eating the other half for lunch with a salad and have veggie and cheese snacks for in-between meals today.

Thanks for all the encouragement and it looks like I'm on track for another 3 lbs. this week.  Not sad it isn't up to last week's weight loss since I know that was atypical for one week.

I've already got more energy, but best of all HOPE that this new lifestyle is not only bringing me health, but a longer life to spend with my loved ones and make the difference in this world that I'm destined to do.

With a truly joyful heart,

Guy
Over 50, 5'11" and weigh 275.  I've been as high as 353.  I have Type II Diabetes, borderline HBP, back and abdominal issues.  It's time to be disciplined and get the weight off and I have the tools I need now.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Easier to follow the program as the days go on...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:52:05 AM »
The program is getting easier because the new habits you're developing with food are taking hold.

It's wonderful to see that you're settling into the new lifestyle, Guy.  :)

What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »
Stay the course Guy!  ::)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

guypacot

• View Profile
    • Guy's Weight Loss Story
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 08:50:10 AM »
When there's so much documentation and testimony of how a program works how can you not stay the course? Before my back gave out (due to mostly my weight and genetics) I was halfway through a BS in Nursing.  I knew this made sense and now in less than 2 weeks I feel so much better.  The cravings have all gone away.

The truly amazing thing is that I did some simple arithmetic yesterday and even when staying away from the high-carb meal (deadly whites) I was still taking in with a greatly reduced food volume over 200g of carbs a day. Fruits, some veggies, ketchup, alleged low-carb breads, etc.

I find that it's easier to focus mentally and realizing I was eating for comfort (for many different reasons) rather than for physical sustenance was a huge factor as well.

First big test was last night.  My daughter was up for the first time with my granddaughter who is three months old and we had a party for the ladies of the church to see my new granddaughter.  There was a huge spread, with 98% being on the "no way" list. I had my diet (2g) fruit juice with club soda for my drink, I had 6 small slices of summer sausauge, deviled eggs (3 prepared with my carbless spicy mustard, mayo, and salt), and 6 shrimp.  A friend brought homemade toffee (I've had it in the past, she should go into business) and I didn't touch it at all.

You guys are my support group, but seeing the benefits already is my Tier 2 support group!

Have a great weekend and thanks!
Over 50, 5'11" and weigh 275.  I've been as high as 353.  I have Type II Diabetes, borderline HBP, back and abdominal issues.  It's time to be disciplined and get the weight off and I have the tools I need now.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:34:57 AM »
Results is what it's all about, Guy!

Every overweight person who sticks to the rules of this lifestyle will lose weight and feel much better.

Good job on sticking to it despite temptations.
You should be very proud of your accomplishment.
As time goes by, doing this will become 2nd nature to you.

I'm very happy for you!  :)
What you do today is what matters!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:04:04 PM »
That's great Guy