Author Topic: bread and more  (Read 6002 times)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
bread and more
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:11:02 AM »
hey umpa what is your take on products from this company?

http://www.locarbu.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1463

it looks good but I'm just a beginner!!

and this pizza is 4 net carbs

http://www.locarbu.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=274

looking forward to your take on these products!!!>>gary
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:18:59 AM by katary »

beebs

• View Profile
Re: bread and more
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »
Check out umpas spinach bread/ pizza recipe. It is totally awesome. You cant tell the difference between it and regular pizza!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:57:44 AM »
katary, hate to break the news to you but, No Way!! There is no such thing as 0 carb bread.If there was i would be shouting it from the rooftops!! Its marketing, and until they are called on it they wont stop. Always look at your ingredient list. It will tell you (even if you dont want to know) The breads we find we post on the forum and in our books.My recipes are as low as you can get. I bake alot! I am waiting a bread order from Dixie Diner (who I trust totally) to check out there new bistro breads.Their ingredient list makes sense. The carb count on the pizza will vary depending what you put on top of it.Most cheeses 0-1 carbs, meats 0 carbs, fresh herbs 0 carbs, mushrooms are 2 for a 1/2 cup ,etc. You just have to learn to spend your carbs like you spend your money.The great thing about the spinach bread /pizza is it is very filling. I  use flours that are as low as you can get hazelnut is a 2 for a 1/4 cup, flaxseed is a 0, and almond is a 3. There are also pecan and walnut you can make your self very low.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:05:25 AM by umpa »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 11:07:10 AM »
By the way Katary,I love your videos !Your girls are beautiful! You remind me of my husband Doug! ;D  ***Walking on sunshine, walking on sunshine...**

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
lol.....like i said i am a beginner!!!!! and i am on my way to kroger after this post to get what ingredients i am lacking to make the spinach bread/ pizza for my wife and myself tonite>>> i cant wait!!!! and tomorrow i am aiming for the umpadoodles!!

p.s. thanks for the props on the videos!!!! its kind of a hobby of mine,and if you are wondering i am planning on a video of my fata*@ and my journey from FAT TO SKINNY!!!!  ;D   we will be at longboat key in june for vacation...r u anywhere near there?
         thanks again>>gary

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 12:49:59 PM »
I am in Big Pine Key.About 30 minutes from Key West.In June we will be in Maggie Valley North Carolina.Well, I will.i think Doug is in San Francisco.If you and your wife are in the neighborhood let me know and we will cook you dinner! Please take pictures of your before and after.For some reason people wont give them up so Doug needs all he can get!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 12:55:03 PM »
What send before pis in the email? Ive kinda already lost some weight but I can take one and send it now....

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 12:59:37 PM »
I always want to see before pics and then after pics of readers, please e mail them to me at dougvarrieur@fattoskinny.com

Thanks!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)