Author Topic: Quick breakfast  (Read 23834 times)

tobiasthorne

• View Profile
Quick breakfast
« on: October 07, 2010, 01:24:32 AM »
I've looked through Doug's cookbook, however I don't see any quick foods. They all require prep time. My fiancé and I are college students so when we get up in the morning we have little time for breakfast. We usually did oatmeal, but that's off the menu now. What can we use for quick, on the go breakfast? (I haven't been able to find his potato replacement yet.)

Sara

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
Re: Quick breakfast
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 05:05:50 AM »
the one minute muffins are AWESOME for a speedy morning meal and can be made so many different ways. you should be able to find the recipe by doing a search ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 08:32:31 AM »
Hello Sara, welcome to the family :) my favorite quick breakfast is a couple scrambled eggs in a wrap with cheese....... I either use a low carb tortilla or a romaine lettuce leaf. Takes just a few minutes and I can take it on the run if need be.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 08:56:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum Sara!  For a quick breakfast you could also have GG Bran Crispbread with melted cheddar cheese, or you could spread on some cream cheese, or sugar free jam, or beanit butter or low carb peanut butter.  I actually found low carb hot cereal.  It didn't taste quite as good as oatmeal, but it still warmed me up on a cool morning.  You could order some from Dixie Diner or Netrition.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:26:26 AM by Shihtzumom1 »

joagain

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 09:23:51 AM »
I dont know if these or good on the FTS but for a quick emergency the EAS Advantage carb control vanilla shake has 1 gram of carbs they are pretty good these are the facts for the chocolate
Serving Size: 11 fl oz (330 mL)
Amount Per Serving % DV* % RDI  
Nutrient Data
Energy, Cal: 110    
Energy from Fat, Cal: 25    
Fat, g: 3 5    
Saturated Fat, g: 0 0    
Trans Fat, g: 0    
Cholesterol, mg: 5 2    
Sodium, mg: 260 11    
Potassium, mg: 540 11    
Carbohydrate, g: 4    
Dietary Fiber, g:  1
Sugars, g: 0    
Protein, g: 17
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:56:22 AM by joagain »

owensmath

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 12:04:47 PM »
You can boil eggs ahead of time and grab some on the go. You can make a scrambled egg, sausage, cheese mix and warm it in the microwave. You can buy Smaps cereal and almond milk. You can throw some turkey sausage in the microwave for 40 seconds and eat it in the car. It can be done!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 12:10:24 PM »
Hello again Jo!

According to your post, an 11 oz. serving of EAS Advantage carb control vanilla has 4 total carb grams with 1 carb gram of fiber.

That's a total of 3 net carbs (4-1=3) which is low carb.
One of these still leaves room for up to 17 more net carb grams for the day before reaching the 20 gram maximum.
What you do today is what matters!

owensmath

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 01:41:42 PM »
Also, if you make the twice baked "potatoes" with cauliflower, they are great warmed up as leftovers. I've had them for breakfast and it's like eating cheese grits.

joagain

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 03:17:18 PM »
mouseissue  The chocolate is 3 carbs the vanilla is just 1 carb it is actually better ! Owens math what do you as a baked potatoe?

owensmath

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 03:19:12 PM »
I use chayote squash as a replacement for baked potato.  I use cauliflower as a replacement in twice baked potato.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 09:49:14 AM »
Welcome  to the forum tobiasthorne ! I am umpa ,dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite recipes to fat and skinny friendly.
For breakfast on the go I like breakfast tacos.You can make the eggs in the microwave while you are showering ,chunk them in a tortilla with some shredded cheese.All in the same amout of time it takes to make cereal.If you like cereal those are available too.i like Smaps and the granola cereals at dixie diner. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 09:54:57 AM »
I'm against using a protein bar as a meal replacement, you'll always still be hungry and will ending up eating a meal anyway...now you've eaten a meal and a bar. I use protein bars as a quick afternoon snack at an airport or on a shopping trip, that sort of thing.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

tobiasthorne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 11:10:26 PM »
Thank you for pointing us to the quick bread, it's surprisingly yummy for the small amount of time it takes to make.

rene

• View Profile
Re: Quick breakfast - Cereal that tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 09:05:42 PM »
This is going to sound weird, but if you break a serving of pork rinds up into bite size pieces,  sprinkle a good amount of cinnamon over it , use SF syrup and Almond milk - it tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Quick breakfast - Cereal that tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 03:48:23 PM »
This is going to sound weird, but if you break a serving of pork rinds up into bite size pieces,  sprinkle a good amount of cinnamon over it , use SF syrup and Almond milk - it tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal.

Hi rene! :)

I've discovered many combinations that sound weird, but taste really good.
That's one reason I love FTS.
When I experiment, I never know when I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!