Author Topic: Pizza Recipes-add yours  (Read 18275 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Pizza Recipes-add yours
« on: March 24, 2010, 07:27:23 PM »
PIZZA!!!!!Okay you guys! I took the spinach bread dough and patted it out on a cookie sheet and it was so good!!! I omitted the garlic, because of the added carbs from the pizza toppings.After i patted it out I precooked it for 15 minutes at 375-then i took it out of the oven added my pizza toppings and put it back in the oven at 425 on a pizza stone(you could leave it on the cookie sheet if you wanted) and cooked it for 25 minutes.It was great! Very fillling.I am gonna try it next time without the spinach.i like the idea of being my own bread products.When i was a fatgirl it was a hobby, that and making homemade pasta.So guess what i am gonna try next......manga, manga!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 03:13:07 PM by Doug Varrieur »

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Pizza Recipes-add yours
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:50:40 PM »
 :o ok the pizza was awesome,i followed the spinach bread recipe but left out the spinach and the garlic,i wasnt sure what size pan to use but i didnt want the deep dish,so i used the biggest pan we had and the dough filled it perfectly. i wasnt going to be eating the pizza till later so i made the crust but only baked it for 20 min. and took it out to cool. after cooling i put a light layer of pizza sauce on (3 carbs per 1/4 cup) i added provelone cheese,ham,pepperoni and fresh mushrooms,then put the whole pan in the fridge. we ride bikes every tues & thurs nite,i wanted to be able to pop it in the oven as soon as we got home,baked till the toppings were done and sit down to watch idol with my newfound favorite food...all i can say is YUM!!! ;) it was great. when i 1st took the crust out of the oven it smelled wonderful and i thought what if you substituted different cheeses for different flavors??? cheddar>hot pepper>swiss>whatever you choose and after the "crust" is baked cut it into squares and store in the fridge and use it as "bread" or "cracker" put your favorite meat and or cheese on a piece and put it in the toaster oven till melted??? what say you to that idea?????  oh and i have enough pizza leftover for lunch tomorrow :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:16:41 PM by katary »

beebs

• View Profile
Re: THE PIZZA WAS>>>>DELISCH!!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 05:08:19 AM »
You can always make it in a bread pan and slice it and use it for sandwiches....why didnt I think of that sooner....

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 08:28:18 AM »
You know I hate being told what to do....just like many people. That's one of the things I hate about "diets" I'm being told what to do. When I developed the FAT TO SKINNY program I only put in one rule....stay under 20 carbs per day and you'll lose weight. I don't care where they come from which gives all of us the ability to be very creative with our recipes and our foods. Your "change up" of cheeses, toppings, meats etc... is testimony of my attitude. As you develop new recipes tell us all so we can enjoy them as well  :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
I used the pork rind bread tastes like sausage to me. Did I do something wrong? It didnt really raise up either.

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 09:30:29 PM »
beebs when i made the bread i used the BBQ flavored pork rinds and i added crushed red pepper...so i guess that's why i didn't get the "sausage" taste...as far as not rising??? i don't know what to say, mine wasn't as big as a regular loaf of bread,but it did rise ::)  any who this is my creation of the day,and i made it with pork rinds,the key for me was putting in enough ingredients to overcome the salty pork rind taste...which i think i did...my wife said it was very very good!!!!! i am calling it raspberry shortcake>>> the whole cake has 11 carbs and i think it will serve 14 slices like the 1 shown in the picture below..that's .7857 carbs per slice,add 1 more carb per slice if you choose to put sugarfree whipped topping on...the cake is slightly sweet and the topping i made is just(wow) out of this world...i was completely blown away by how good it was>>> i must admit i screwed up though,when the cake part was done i took it out of the oven and had a brain fart... i flipped it before it cooled,man i was pissed,but i put it back in the oven and it turned out OK,but would of been better if i had done it correctly... I'll post how i made it and ingredients later Ive got it all written down...but i double checked the carbs and it is right. oh and 0 sugar!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:46:41 PM by katary »

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 08:36:50 AM »
Are you serious? Are you a closet genius or something? I didnt use the spicy pork rinds cause I was hoping to use the bread for grilled cheese. I love cheese! Im sure I did something wrong but that's ok.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 08:37:28 AM »
Recipe please! Teasing is not allowed!!hehehehee ::)

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:38:25 AM »
 ;)  no i just have a lot of time on my hands!!!!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 08:57:05 AM »
I can understand that! ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 09:29:18 AM »
Well can you come to my house and bake cause I have NO time.....

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 10:10:54 PM »
ok here are the marshmellow creme and raspberry preserves i used in the raspberry shortcake recipe!!! am posting recipe next ;D

******click on the pics to get closer view of nutrition facts*******

cake ingredients: 3 eggs =3 carbs
                         5oz pork rinds(ground)=0 carbs
                          6oz cream cheese=6 carbs
                          8oz raspberry preserves=0 carbs
                          stevia powder sweetener=0 carbs* note i added a 1/4 tsp at a time when i was mixing the batter until it was sweet enough for my taste*
                           2 tsp baking powder
                            1 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
beat 3 eggs in large mixing bowl,add 5oz of finely ground pork rinds,cream cheese,raspberry preserves,baking powder,and cream of tartar>>> mix with hand held mixer on low speed until the batter is firm,and like i said add sweetener 1/4 tsp at a time until the batter is to your taste.

spray your baking pan with pam baking spray, and pour the batter into the pan.>>>> bake in pre-heated oven at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes

****************topping**********************
                 6oz marshmellow creme 0 carb
                 4oz raspberry preserve 0 carb
                 2oz cream cheese 2 carb
                 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
put all the ingredients in mixing bowl,and mix until soft and creamy(this in itself is a dessert treat)

let cake cool and add topping,store refridgerated. i hope i didnt forget anything this is the 1st time i've ever posted a recipe.

by my count thats 11 carbs for the entire cake,i got 14 pieces out of it,so about .78 carbs per slice.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:10:33 PM by katary »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 08:53:11 AM »
I will cook it for my dad today along with his banana bread. :D

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 09:35:12 AM »
umpa...do you agree with the carb count???? and have you checked out the 2 pictured products..i mean are they legit?

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 02:02:13 PM »
Yeah give us the skinny umpa.