FAT TO SKINNY LOW CARB Forum
June 24, 2018, 11:19:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Best Low Carb Forum On The Web Loaded With Recipes and Support
Everyone who visits this low carb forum is welcome to join. Scroll down to see the boards
FAT TO SKINNY Books-BUY BOOKS HERE
FAT TO SKINNY HOME PAGE
Join The FAT TO SKINNY Facebook Fan Page FAN PAGE 
DONATE BUTTON- Donations are appreciated but not required. They are used to offset book giveaways to schools and kids.  THANKS!

Home   Help Search Calendar Advertise Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Size 12 is plus-size?  (Read 1969 times)
Rena
« on: September 19, 2011, 05:01:52 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/09/19/exclusive-american-apparel-caves-to-plus-size-protester-flying-her-out-for/?test=faces#content

Sad days we live in, people ... really sad days.
joagain
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »

Yes it is you are suppose to be a 0 or 00 . I have twin neices that just turned 14 they weigh 98-100 pounds they are only like 4'11 they are petite but healthy ,and they think they are fat . It is very sad for these young girls . Sad
suzlyn454

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 06:05:12 AM »

What a crappy pic of her...would have been nice to have better one.  Geeeeez, just this week I was tickled to death when I was able to pull out a size 14P from my closet.  Another few pounds and I was gonna make into those 12P that are still hanging on the hanger.  I also still have (and am removing) a couple pieces of 18W and 16P.  So, as you can see, my closet has always been an up and down (I might wear this one day) kind of thing.  No matter what they say about size 12 it beats where I've been before (as high as size 20 and 22).  Depressing.

Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 07:07:12 AM »

It is retailers like this that have children's heads all messed up.Anorexia and Bulimia are a result of these kind of companies.When you have a model that is 5'11 or 6 ft that doesn't represent most women in America.Let alone when these same models weigh in at 110-115.I can't see how that is considered healthy?Huh This is really sad.I say everyone of us are unique individuals not a demographic Smiley And size 12 is  not plus size!!!
joagain
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 07:31:22 AM »

Amen sister !!!
SherriPie
Global Moderator

Start today, change your tomorrow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 07:56:46 AM »

I'm 5'11, just a hair shy of 6 foot and if I weighed 115 pounds I would be a walking skeleton! The media has everything so screwed up, I'm glad I don't have a daughter. It must be tough growing up now with photoshop and too thin is in. Poor girls.  Lips sealed

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/
mouseissue
Global Moderator

Low Carb for Long Life!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 11:22:09 AM »

The media culture that brought you the "healthy" whole grain, all natural, organic crap for weight loss is the same one that brought you this. Angry

Is it any wonder we have a nation full of people obsessed with food and their weight?

What you do today is what matters!

Rena
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 12:05:14 PM »

Yeah, but the sad thing is that she's not super-model-tall -- she's only 5'7". I'm just one inch taller.
snobles
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 06:32:24 PM »

I thought at one point in time, 18's were considered skinny? Then again, what era was that? I'm 18 petite! I feel great no matter what THEY say!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Advertise Here

Advertise Here