Author Topic: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health  (Read 79224 times)

joagain

Re: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2011, 03:58:37 PM »
You got that right Mom1 ! It is amazing how the taste have changed .

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2011, 04:14:08 PM »
i vote belly button piercing:)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2011, 08:10:57 AM »
You look so wonderful! I am so proud of you. I wish we all lived close by so we could go shopping with you. Imagine an FTS shopping spree, too fun!!

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2011, 09:21:32 AM »
SherriPie if you head north this summer to visit family & friends, I'll meet you at the Walden Galleria!

Thanks again everyone for the compliments.  And there will be no bellybutton piercing, but maybe my tummy will see sunshine this summer for the first time in 30 years (and no, there will not be a picture!!).

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2011, 11:50:23 AM »
SherriPie if you head north this summer to visit family & friends, I'll meet you at the Walden Galleria!

Thanks again everyone for the compliments.  And there will be no bellybutton piercing, but maybe my tummy will see sunshine this summer for the first time in 30 years (and no, there will not be a picture!!).

We are actually thinking about going up in July. I'll let you know if we do. That would be fun!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2011, 01:51:09 PM »
:(

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2011, 09:46:06 AM »
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I reached my goal weight plus took off an extra 1/2 a pound.  That is a 41.5 pound weight loss since July 19th when I started FTS.  Those last 5 pounds came off slowly but I was determined to not "diet" to lose the last little bit of weight.  I just followed along with my regular FTS eating and did what Doug keeps saying "only eat when you are hungry".  I still eat 3 meals a day, with breakfast and lunch being my lighter meals and a larger supper (on an 8" plate), and cut out my mid afternoon snack, with no evening snack either.  I guess that was just winter boredom eating that I didn't need.  As soon as I cut out those snacks, the last couple of pounds came right off.  So it has actually taken me 11 years of yo-yo dieting to take off 58.5 pounds to reach my goal.  I had been struggling all of those years, fighting urges and then getting stuck on a plateau having only taken off about 25 of those pounds.  Once I started FTS and those urges were gone and my favourite "fat" food was replaced with FTS friendly alternatives it was smooth sailing.  This has not been difficult at all.  I am so happy that I saw the article about Doug and his book in my local newspaper last summer, it has changed my life!!  So thank you Doug and Umpa and the FTS forum family for all of your support and encouragement!  I am looking forward to a healthy slim future!!  LET THE SHOPPING BEGIN!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:32:18 AM by Doug Varrieur »

joagain

« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2011, 09:51:48 AM »
GO BABY GO !!! Congrats I am so happy for you ! I guess you will be at the mall all day shopping !!

Congrats again !!!!

owensmath

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2011, 10:17:14 AM »
That is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an inspiration you are to those of us still working toward our goals.

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
 ;D That is great news!!!  What a fantastic way to start the week and with spring around the corner you get to shop all the new cute styles.

You should be very proud of yourself, my hat is off to you for a job well done ;)

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2011, 12:59:52 PM »
Oh ShMom1, that's so fantastic. I'm so happy for you. Yes, you will really enjoy the shopping, and the summer, and the beach, and... a whole new life. You stayed the course and have reached the goal and will continue to reap the rewards of a healthy weight and a healthy FTS lifestyle.

Rena

« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2011, 02:05:31 PM »
WHOOO-HOOO!

YOU DID IT -- and with weight to spare!  :D

CONGRATULATIONS!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2011, 09:10:32 AM »
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Congrats! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2011, 09:37:39 AM »
Sooooooooooooo Cooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for the next round of before and after pics!  Happy shopping ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2011, 10:07:12 AM »
Thanks for the congrats everyone, I can't tell you how thrilled I am, but it is a very content feeling.  Just to let you know, I weigh just 6.5 pounds more than I did when I got married in 1978.  

Yesterday I had a great shopping trip with my Mom and my other sister (not Cara) and was so surprised.  The jeans I bought were size 6, the dress I bought was size 8, the jacket I bought was size 10 (only so I could fit a sweater under if need be).  Everything I tried on I started with a larger size and had to go smaller.  That was reward in itself!!

I'm not really sure what to do now, I guess just play it by ear, a little trial and error.  The last 2 days were the first since July that I haven't documented what I have eaten.  I basically know what I can eat and will just continue low carb, with the addition of some fruit I have been missing for starters.  While I love strawberries I am looking forward to a 1/2 a Granny Smith apple.  Maybe I'll dip it in beanit butter or SF peanut butter to have with my lunch.  I don't want to lose any more weight, I am very happy where I am.  I still need to give my skin a chance to catch up with my body.  I'm in my early 50's so my skin isn't quite as elastic as it was in my 30's.  

So I guess this is the real beginning of my every day low carb life.  I am so inspired by Doreen & Katary that they have had no trouble maintaining and I plan on following in their footsteps.