Author Topic: What do u recommend Doug?  (Read 3405 times)

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
What do u recommend Doug?
« on: July 31, 2010, 08:48:45 AM »
This whole month Ive lost about 3 lbs (but did go down into a smaller size)....Just recently the scale moved down 3 more...Got on a few days later up those 3...Got on a few more days later..3 is gone..Got on this morning and its up 3 AGAIN!..Now I've been walking more..Thats a change...Watching portion sizes..Been eating more turkey and chicken not beef recently....I havent been adding salad to much to meals but eating cauliflower and string green beans alot with my dinner...I do add about 2tb spoons of salsa to my eggbeaters every morning(1>carb) and cheese...Im thinking back off cheese for a bit?....Any suggestions ....Please...Ive been stuck before but never this much up and down with 3lbs...Anything I should add maybe?

Thanks and all input is welcome... ;)

P.s. I usually dont do so much weighing in but these 3lbs are makin me CRAZY!...lol
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

DoreenBar

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What do u recommend Doug?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:50:32 AM »
Ohhhhh and how do u feel about Almond Butter?..Ive been using that on my GG Brancrisp in the morning instead of butter..

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 02:10:53 PM »
Hi Doreen, almond butter has carbs...butter does not so if you're looking to carve carbs here and there every little bit counts. What we tend to forget is as we shrink we really need less and less food. I find myself only eating twice a day these days, brunch around 11am  dinner around 6pm with a small snack of almonds or cheese somewhere around 3pm with coffee. Sherri's on the same schedule....Sometimes depending on the brunch I won't eat again till dinner and skip the snack. I really do make it a point NOT to eat if I'm not hungry. Your 3 pounds up, then down, then up sounds to me like water fluctuations not fat fluctuations.....girl stuff maybe? I think your sitting at a plateau.  As far as weight loss and plateaus the rules really are very simple and they never change;

If you're gaining weight you're eating more sugar than you're burning. If you're not losing weight but not gaining weight you're burning what you're taking in...no more no less. If you're losing weight then you're burning all your sugar PLUS additional stored sugar (FAT) for fuel.

You have three choices if you wish to continue losing weight.

Door#1- Reduce sugar until the scale starts to drop.

Door#2- Leave your carb intake the same and increase activity until the scale starts to drop.

Door#3- Reduce sugar AND increase activity. The scale will drop faster

It's as simple as that, make some moves...pick a door and your plateau will break. Of course portion sizes should always be followed.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 06:43:08 PM »
Doug you are so right! After 8  weeks on the program I can go hours without eating before I get hungry again.  And, I am not even tempted by the chocolate drawer they keep stocked at work that I used to dip into regularly.  ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

DoreenBar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 11:02:21 PM »
Thanks Doug I need to shake it up a bit ...With a little less of one and a little more of another..lol..