Poll

should #36 win a book?

yes
2 (50%)
no
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: July 26, 2010, 08:46:55 PM

Author Topic: Canada entry #36  (Read 2192 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #36
« on: July 19, 2010, 08:46:55 PM »
My husband and I are overweight and do not regularly exercise. My husband also has type 2 diabetes which he takes medication for. Our health did not seem to be an issue when we were working but now that we are retired there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to make sure we eat properly and exercise. We have been retired for 3 years and I have noticed an increase in our weight and a decrease in our activity level. Whenever I start to get my act together it seems life gets in the way. On June 26 while at a community pancake breakfast at the fire hall my husband had a heart reading done by the EMT and the strip was not positive. At that moment we decided that our health regime must improve, so came home and set out a plan. On June 28 we were reading your column in the Edmonton Sun and were further inspired by the story of Doug and his book, Fat to Skinny. We immediately went to our public library, but the copy was out (I do have it on hold) and then to our local bookstore, but they did not carry it. Your column on that Monday has made a difference in how we see our health and the importance of taking care of it if we expect to enjoy our retirement. If Doug can do it then so can we. Thanks for the inspiration and the kick start.

Daryll
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)