Author Topic: cream jelly? jelly cream? jc?  (Read 3950 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
cream jelly? jelly cream? jc?
« on: November 05, 2018, 06:03:21 AM »
Trying something new - cream and jelly but not the conventional way.
I often flavour my whipped cream with cocoa (few drops of zero or other sweetner) to make chocolate cream or cocoa and coffee granules for mocha flavor - fantastic dessert.  Today I sprinkled no sugar jelly crystals over my cream and started to whip.
Raspberry flavour (not the whole packet just what I thought would be sufficient)... it looked pretty (pink), the little taste I had was good.  Popped it in the fridge for tomorrow.  I want to know how the setting agent in the jelly will affect the cream.  Will it be firmer or same as whipped cream?  Results will be announced soon.  This opens up all those other flavours - orange, pineapple, strawberry...you get the drift.
And you don't have to add any sweetner because it is already in the jelly.  I hope it ends up a little firmer as this would help when putting on cake/cheesecake or, well, anything.

Will let you know....morgan 

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: cream jelly? jelly cream? jc?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 02:43:59 AM »
okay...taste tested it....pretty good though it has a grainy texture which is like tiny little bits of jelly.  Overall I think it worked well.  Was firmer than just cream, keeping its shape.  Will make again  :)