Author Topic: Vitamin talk!  (Read 3280 times)

AliciaInTX

Vitamin talk!
« on: March 31, 2016, 02:47:25 PM »
Hey guys!

It's been a while. I hope you are all doing great! Life has been busy but I've (stubbornly!) stayed the course with FTS and have remained at my goal weight for 3 or 4 years now. My family is now used to my strange ways and don't pester me any more about not eating as they do (for the most part) which is definitely helpful in maintaining this way of eating. I have become very simplistic in my meal planning (um...a low carb tortilla with natural/no sugar added peanut butter or a slice of cheese has been my easy, go-to meal/snack)  and I'm pretty sure that I'm not getting all of the nutrients I need. To improve that, I'm trying to eat veggies with most meals (even breakfast).

I've been diagnosed with both glaucoma and osteopenia in the past two years, so I'm trying to make sure I boost my vitamin intake and worry a bit about my avoidance of fruit. I do eat berries...but what else are you guys eating to get the benefits one would get from fruit?  I take a multi, calcium + D and fish oil daily and drink a glass of Natural CALM (magnesium) before bed.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Vitamin talk!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »
Welcome back, Alicia! :) :) :) :)

Life does get busy sometimes, doesn't it?

I usually start my morning checking in here while I have my coffee and start my day. It's been pretty quiet. But I don't mind. If people come here just to get inspiration and information to improve their health, that's wonderful with me.

I try to eat veggies every day and berries often.
I also take quality multivitamins (Costco brand) to be sure I get what I may be missing.
Since I don't get much citrus, I also take 1,000 mg. vitamin C each day.
And a vitamin D3 because it's so gray up here so much in the Northwest.

Sorry to hear about your diagnoses of glaucoma and osteopenia. :'(
I'll say some extra prayers and keep good thoughts for your improved health.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

AliciaInTX

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 01:08:23 PM »
Thanks, Tony! I know all about the weather in the NW! I was born and raised in Oregon  8) . I'll maybe add some Vitamin C and see if that helps! I do feel great....the diagnoses don't at all reflect how I feel (okay...maybe a little bone achiness but that should decrease as I strengthen them with more walking and calcium/D). I told my doctor that I feel better than I did when I was in my 20s and that is the honest truth!

Also - in case anyone reads this and worries that FTS is the cause of my issues, I really don't believe it is. There is a genetic disease that runs in my family and these may be precursers to that...or I may just be lucky :) . Either way, I think that eating the FTS way, taking vitamins and keeping strong mentally and physically through regular exercise (for me that means yoga and walking!) will keep me feeling great for a very long time. I have no plans to change my positive behaviors and diet...I just want to supplement them with other good stuff, as needed!  ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 12:01:00 PM »
Hi, Alicia! :)

I've read an number of  research articles that say Vitamin C actually helps calcium absorption.
As you know, any nutrient that is not absorbed is useless.
And since you have decreased bone density, vitamin C may help your body do better. :)

Tony

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 02:19:27 AM »
Usually just a multiV and either a B or D (I can't every remember which until get bottle out). 

eliza_smith

• View Profile
    • Apexatropin
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 07:39:50 AM »
I use L-Carnitine, Creatine, Vitamin C and fish oil supplement. It is best to speak to your health care providers about products of interest and decide together what might be best for you to take, if anything, for your overall health.
Get HUGE With Apexatropin!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 03:23:51 PM »
Welcome to your conversation, eliza_smith! :) :) :)

How long have you been living the FTS lifestyle?
I've been living this way sine August 2010 and have never been healthier.

Do you have any questions or concerns about this lifestyle?

Tony