Author Topic: Sugar free chocolate no maltitol  (Read 11563 times)

one_blesse

• View Profile
    • Email
Sugar free chocolate no maltitol
« on: March 28, 2016, 06:54:36 PM »
Just found these Sugar Free Peanut Butter Filled Milk Chocolate Mound made with Erythritol

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sugar free chocolate no maltitol
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 07:57:50 PM »
Hello one_blesse -  I love the sugar free peanut butter cups -  just take it easy and limit them as they are so tempting, but can stall you out.  But when you are beginning, it helps to feel normal.   Now I am happy with just a teaspoon full of peanut butter.  I also went through a stage of making my own (melting some SF chocolate, adding some pb, then some more SF chocolate on top, so much cheaper than buying - well not sure if that applies in the States, but I'm in Australia and have to buy the pb cups online).

Oh,  and welcome, welcome, welcome, nice to 'hear' a new 'face'.  :D  Please post often and let us know how you are going.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 12:14:32 PM »
Welcome to the family, one_blesse!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Morgan gave you good advice about peanut butter cups.
The same applies to other sugar free, low carb candies.

One other thing... If you overdo them, they can cause gut issues (gas, etc.).
So be careful. ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 12:52:48 AM »
Do you know Tony,  when I started years ago, sf candy and choc and drinks, etc, were a great help.  These days I don't seem to need them.  I occasionally have them, but not a craving I need.  They are in the house or bag, but not a NEED NOW thing.  Always good when you don't rely on something. I only have half a glass of diet soda with dinner a day and that is something I'm trying to give up.  I enjoy the fizzy.  Wondering if soda water is better, but concerned about sodium level.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 11:59:26 AM »
Hi, Morgan! :)

I've found the same thing.
Like you, when I first started the FTS lifestyle, I relied a lot more on low-carb sweets.
Over time, those cravings have diminished a lot.

Don't know about sodium level in soda water. I would check labels.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

AlexPhilip

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 07:18:30 AM »
They are a lot better for your blood sugar than regular chocolate though, and they taste good (personal experience). The polyols have some blood impact depending on the person, so you can probably ignore 75% of those carbs. The lactose however is included, so it depends on what macros you are working to (i.e. staying under 20g carbs, or perhaps a higher level of 40-50g). Lactose is lower GI, so its a better choice than some - if you're into experimenting, make sure you are in ketosis with the stix, and have a bar of this chocolate and check 20 mins later.. you might find its low enough to not stop the metabolic burning of fat for you

AlvinK

• View Profile
    • https://annatube.com
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 06:52:16 AM »
Hello and thank you for sharing and for the information. It's good to know.

Jackson37

• View Profile
    • https://vxhentai.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 01:36:01 AM »
Hello,

Of course there are not many calories in these types of chocolate, but you have to go easy.

EdRoy

• View Profile
    • https://www.gaysexgames.games/
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2023, 02:58:04 AM »
Hello,

It's true that polyol-based chocolate may be a better option for controlling blood sugar levels than regular chocolate. However, it is important to take into account the different impacts on the blood depending on each person, and to monitor your carbohydrate intake, especially if you are following a ketogenic diet.