Author Topic: Canola Oil  (Read 10698 times)

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
Canola Oil
« on: October 25, 2015, 03:34:40 PM »
Anyone had problems with this? My food stamps were cut so I tried a cheaper oil. Oh my did I make such a vomit mess. Was not sick at all, slight headache & queasy since started using it then one day right after eating food cooked with it, I lost it. So glad I figured out my problem. Threw the oil away and feeling so much better.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Canola Oil
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 09:50:52 AM »
I pretty much only use peanut oil for frying and olive oil for everything else :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:28:39 PM »
Hi, Susie! :)

Haven't used canola oil in years.
Like Umpa, I use primarily peanut and olive oils for most cooking and frying.
I'll occasionally use coconut oil for lower heat purposes.

You may have gotten a bad batch of canola oil.
Did the oil smell OK?
Take the bottle back to the store and get your money back.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 03:38:04 PM »
The oil smelled fine. I've not used canola oil much before. Used it heavy like I do coconut oil. I had a slight headache too. Was told it may be an allergy.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 12:32:26 PM »
The oil smelled fine. I've not used canola oil much before. Used it heavy like I do coconut oil. I had a slight headache too. Was told it may be an allergy.

You may have an allergy to it.
If you take it back, the store will give your money back or a store credit.

Tony

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 12:51:45 PM »
There is no such thing as a canola plant
Wait, did you think there was a canola plant, like corn, soy or sunflower? Did you think making canola is just about pressing seeds? How DOES rapeseed oil magically turn into canola oil? It's "deodorized" with a chemical component. Do you want to put a "hex" on your health? Insert "hexane" and wait for problems to rear their ugly head. Hexane, a vapor component of gasoline, is used to process oils and has been since World War II. And yes, hexane is flammable. Hexane is a chemical made from crude oil, the mainstream solvent extraction method of the entire Western world. So how is this organic? Good question.

The omega-3 fatty acids of processed canola oil are transformed during the deodorizing process into trans fatty acids. The reason why canola is particularly unsuitable for consumption is that it contains a very-long-chain fatty acid called erucic acid, which under some circumstances is associated with fibrotic heart lesions.

Here's an interesting fact: In 1985, the Federal Register (official journal of the federal government of the United States) stated that the FDA outlawed canola oil in infant formulas because it retarded growth. So, 25 years ago it was not good for babies, but now it's suddenly okay for everyone else? (

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/043948_canola_oil_hidden_health_dangers_food_bar.html#ixzz48B727eAA

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 11:16:56 AM »
Thanks, Susie! :)

I quit using canola oil some years ago after it became known that it is actually a liquefied trans fat.

Tony

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 04:43:36 AM »
Wow susie - did not know that.

I try not to use canola oil - prefer coconut oil, or peanut oil, olive oil or butter - depending on what's cooking.
I think maybe they started to call it canola to remove the bad reputation of rapeseed.

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »
Canola from rapeseed plant genetically produced in Canada. The name Canola comes is derived from the country's name.
I have an allergy to it. I have to be very careful what I eat. If I use a salad dressing or mayonnaise with canola oil, I get  severe abdominal cramps and nausea. Now I ask what oil they use when I go out to eat. I will usually order grilled and steamed foods.
I have been dating. Now I say let's do coffee, lol.
I met a very nice man that works very close to Redlands. We are going to have lunch at a romantic restaurant Tuesday.
My laptop went out, I am on a tablet.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 01:03:40 PM »

Allergy to canola oil is quite common.
I have a very mild allergy toward it. So don't feel alone.

I'm so happy to hear that you've met a nice man and have started dating.
Romance is important in our lives for good emotional health.
And I wish you the very best with it. :)

I hope Mary is doing well.
She's a wonderful young lady.

Tony