Author Topic: Newbie - Ready to be a Loser  (Read 7083 times)

MyPath2Skinny

• View Profile
Newbie - Ready to be a Loser
« on: February 08, 2015, 09:58:41 AM »
Hello everybody,
I just bought Fat to Skinny and read it cover to cover in one sitting! Having 50 pounds to lose has been an uphill battle and, from what I have learned in FTS, it is one battle that I would probably never conquer because I am...addicted to carbs. Yep, I said it and I'll own it ~ now that I have the knowledge to beat this and get healthy. Made my first trip to the grocery store to get some real-life food and am working on cleaning out my cupboards. Can't wait to meet new friends and share experiences. Cheers to seeing 'less' of us!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie - Ready to be a Loser
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 01:34:22 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, MyPath2Skinny!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You have come to the right place for support on your FTS journey to a healthier Y-O-U!

Acknowledging that you have a carb addiction is the BIGGEST step toward recovery.
The FTS lifestyle WILL make it REAL for you IF you bring a 100% commitment to it.

In my 63 years, I have tried most everything short of surgery to get rid of my FAT.
FTS is the only program that has worked.
I reversed my metabolic syndrome (type II diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood triglycerides, and lousy cholesterol).

I have been pleasurably living the FTS lifestyle since August 2010, and LOVE IT! ;D
FTS has healed my damaged metabolism and I feel better than I ever have in 30 years.

If you ever have a question, concern, need to vent, or just want to know you're not alone, we're here for you! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

MyPath2Skinny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »
Thank you, mouseissue. You are very encouraging!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 08:15:08 AM »
Welcome to the party MyPath2Skinny. The first 2 weeks will be the toughest then it's a breeze. Carb cravings during the first 14 days are common so expect...but don't give in to them. Visit and post often!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

MyPath2Skinny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 09:05:09 AM »
Hi Doug! Thanks for your welcome! I researched detoxing on the forum and gathered some great tips. I forewarned my family that I might be a little 'out of sorts'! I have some things around the house to do which I have been putting off. Yes, I am not only a carb-addict, but have turned into a perpetual procrastinator. So, to motivate myself: Once I get my To Do list accomplished, I will allow myself to order the cookbooks and Zero drops! Obviously, I am motivated by pain. It's not even like my list is all that earth-shattering - get tax info together, inventory freezer, etc. Things I should have been doing all along, but haven't. Gotta run, my To Do list is calling...

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »
Go Go Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 01:01:47 PM »
Doing taxes is one of the most painful activities known to mankind. ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!