Author Topic: Frustrated in Philly  (Read 26786 times)

captainjack0528

• View Profile
    • Email
Frustrated in Philly
« on: April 19, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
Hi, I am new to this, and have tried low-carb before, but a long time ago.  I am 3 1/2 weeks into my new lifestyle, and have lost a grand total of 3 pounds!  I know sometimes it takes a while for one's body to adjust and get to burning its own fat, but I did not think it would take this long to see more results.  I do not drink alcohol, only drink seltzer water, have nothing but meats and greens, and even refrained from the sweets entirely along with the rye bread at Easter!

I guess my question is how long is too long for this to start kicking in?  I am committed to losing weight, so I will modify to all greens if I have to, but I do like the overall eating choices I have with access to the meats I love.  Help! :o

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrated in Philly
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 04:32:19 PM »
Welcome to the family, captainjack0528!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

No two of us are alike.
Therefore, some of us start losing weight (by the scale) almost right away.
While others may go a number of weeks before the loss shows on the scale.

During weight loss, a lot of things are going on in our bodies that do not show on the scale.
Our size is one of them.

Did you take measurements BEFORE you started FTS?
It's very likely that you've started losing size.

So if you've read Doug's book and are following the simple rules of FTS, you should be losing FAT.
Some of your clothes should start feeling a bit looser by now.
If not, you may be eating too much or are eating more carbs than you think.

So that we can help you most, please post what you're eating (& how much) in our "Meal Plans" area.
Here; http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=32.0

If there is a problem, I'm confident we'll figure out the solution. :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Re: Frustrated in Philly
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 05:23:01 PM »
captain jack welcome to the forum I'm certain we can figure out what you're doing wrong please list your meal plans
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:23:11 AM »
I'll enter the boys' locker room but keep my eyes closed.

Welcome to the forum captain jack.  And now my favorite question:  How much water are you drinking?  On the face of it, your eating looks okay but your body needs water to process all that fat it's burning.  Be sure to check the labels of the seltzer water you are drinking (I am assuming you checked the labels and no sugar is creeping in there) but chug a couple of quarts of the regular stuff to make sure you are getting enough.

We don't want you to be hungry, but eat a bit and wait to see if you are still hungry.  There is a delay between when you eat and when your mind realizes it isn't hungry anymore.  Eat only when hungry, figure out what your eating pattern needs to be and that will help you eat only what you need, not more.

We're happy to have you along on this ride. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 09:16:28 AM »
I am peeking Andrea! :o
HiYa Captain Jack! I am Umpa ,Dougs wife.If I can help you please ask.Normally when people  start especially men they lose out of the gate quickly.If they don't its because they are missing something.Usually its splenda,salad dressings ,salt,water or portion sizes.You can post what you are eating and we will see what you are missing.Its science if you stay under 20 carbs you will lose the weight.Water is very important like Andrea said.I have a column on the homepage called Ask Umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. :)

captainjack0528

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 12:10:21 PM »
Thanks, Everyone!  I will post my meals in the other thread, and see where things are going awry.

Jack

zodac

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 10:07:11 AM »
Weigh in once a week on the same day, also take good measurements that same day and track them.. I have had a few weeks where the scaled didn't move and it really does discourage you, but seeing the waist and such shrink makes up for it!

If using an android phone I recommend these 2 apps "body stats" for measurements and "monitor your weight" for a tracking tool. It has a great setting for entering a goal and time frame and it shows you on a graph where you are, projected completed date and where you are progress wise.

Rob ( Valley Forge, Pa)