Author Topic: New to forum & FTS  (Read 6231 times)

afunk

• View Profile
New to forum & FTS
« on: October 24, 2014, 09:35:23 AM »
Hi There,
I've been reading and trying to follow the Fat To Skinny recipes for 2 months now. It's been difficult because I am making two meals at dinner time. Slowly trying to get my family to eat the same food as me. Always a struggle. I've also completed one session of boot camp as of yesterday. I'm not as focused on weight as I am clothing size. I've lost 20 lbs so far. I'm hoping to take off quite a bit of weight before May 2015 as my sister is getting married and I am her Maid of Honor. I'm finding that I'm eating a lot of salads which can get boring. I'm not eating enough fruit. the book says to stay away from everything but berries which makes it harder (I say this as I'm eating an apple LOL). I would love to find a support group for me. All advice is welcome. Thanks Agatha

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: New to forum & FTS
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 02:26:15 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Agatha!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

20 lbs. is a fantastic start! ;D ;D ;D

Especially since you have not been following the FTS program to the letter.
It can be challenging for newbies when they prepare food that is not FTS-compliant.
But others have done it, and you can too! :)

Trust me on this... FTS will work for you if you live it faithfully. The science is rock solid!
In order to have a real and lasting success, you must bring 100% commitment.
If you do that, you will reach your goal and be MUCH healthier as well.

We are here to help you in any way we can to help you get healthy and reach your goal.
All you need do is ask, and we'll help. :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 09:40:32 AM »
Welcome Agatha! I am Umpa ,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert all your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.You need to eat girl! The reason so many people are successful on fat to skinny is we dot remove any items we replace all food items.Enjoy your apple .You get 20 carbs a day to spend ,spend them as you like! I could not survive on salads I need real food.Check out the reipes on the homepage.Protein is your friend!  :)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 10:10:19 AM »
Welcome, welcome, welcome.  It's great to hear from new people.  Sounds like you are doing great  (apart from the apple - your middle name wouldn't be Eve would it? :D).

There are some great salad recipes on the forum.  I'm not really a salad person- I prefer my vegies hot..though I do like a Greek salad.

Post often - we love to hear from new people and get to know you.  Everyone on the forum is great and you can ask us anything, no matter how trivial, gross or major - someone will be able to help. You can also vent or cry on our collective shoulders. 

Hope to hear more from you.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 10:24:11 AM »
Hi Agatha welcome to the party. Why are you making 2 meals each evening and why are you stuck on salads? Low carb eating is more about what comes off your plate than what goes on. Tonight make your family a baked chicken, potatoes and green beans. When you make your plate simply don't take any potatoes. You can always make 1 dinner which includes a protein, veggies and a starch. Just avoid the starch on your plate  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)