Author Topic: My new world - Crab!  (Read 9114 times)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
My new world - Crab!
« on: August 01, 2014, 09:11:24 AM »
We're in the process of moving and the last few weeks have been a blur!  Moving from the South back to the North wasn't planned but you can't say no to great opportunities these days!  So I'm in Baltimore, MD house hunting while the hubby started his new job.  We're right downtown on the Inner Harbor and there are grocery stores within walking distance.

It's been fun but tricky to stay on track eating out - which is what we did our first week while house hunting together!  But here's some fun things I've tried:

A burger topped with jumbo lump crab meat topped with pepper jack cheese and melted - yum!

A crab sandwich (skipped bread) - bottom layer was thick slices of ham, then crab meat, then Swiss cheese and tomato - another winner!

Plus just an abundant supply of crabs, shrimp topped with crab and I could go on forever!

We're finally into a furnished corporate apartment - so I made a nice chuck roast and steamed green beans with bacon and butter :)

So if you like crab ... Stay tuned, I'm sure I'll have more ideas!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My new world - Crab!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:18:22 AM »
What a fun move! Good for you Sunshine! I love crab!Keep posting!I tried the Loreal self tanning wipes and I love them!Thanks for the hints ;)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 04:43:27 PM »
Yay on self tanner!!!  For Sunday brunch the hubby had Crab Eggs Benedict.  I had Crab & Spinach omelette.

Now that we're in an actual temporary apartment with a Whole Foods on our block - it's a little tougher to find things other than meat, cheese, eggs & cream.  I did try my coffee with full fat canned coconut milk & coconut oil, that was pretty yummy. 

Thankfully the building has a gourmet coffee and tea maker available to us so it's been fun trying different flavors.  They also have a water station with a variety of fruit/veggies floating in the water.  Today was strawberries & cucumbers and it was delightful and helping me get my water in.

I did find the Joseph's Flat Breads - so doing those tonight with Greek chicken and a salad.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 10:02:47 AM »
Crab Eggs Benedict??? I am inviting myself to brunch! :D Love the idea of the fruit in water!

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 06:25:30 PM »
I'm home and think I'm good on crab for a while.  But I'm going to keep the flavored water - I did cucumber, ginger, mint and lemon - needed to flush out some extra water from eating out so often!

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 06:35:37 PM »
I also came home to an empty fridge except for cheese and salsa and hot sauce.  I don't want to hit the store because it will go to waste.  I do have a couple prices of chicken and a slab if bacon in the freezer.  I was so tired of chicken - I just made a cheese soup with what I had - added some salsa and hot sauce and topped with sour cream and a couple slices if avocado that I grabbed.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 09:26:30 AM »
I thought you moved to Maryland Sunshine?Love the flavored water idea with  the ginger! Your soup sounds lovely :)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 07:59:16 AM »
We had a month long house hunting trip - hubby started his new job and I had to house hunt.  Great thing is we're finally here in Baltimore.  Certainly not unpacked yet - but we'll get there!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 09:42:33 AM »
Good for you! Its always exciting moving to a new place! :)