Author Topic: Started today  (Read 14765 times)

animaleyes

• View Profile
Started today
« on: July 07, 2014, 03:31:24 PM »
Hello everyone. I have always rode the weight roller coaster my whole life until about 6 yrs. ago when my weight balloned way up. I am 5' 3" and have been around 225 to 230 for the last 5 yrs. I need to lose weight for health ofcourse but for self esteem and have tried everything under the sun short of surgery as well as im sure most people do. I saw the FTS book at Barnes ans Noble this last weekend and read it in a couple of hours. I only get paid once a month so I cant afford to get rid of the food I do have to replace it but Im going to adjust what I do have as much as I can until next month when I can stock up on everything I need. I also want to try to help my boyfriend who was diagnosed with M.S. last year and is and extreme junk food junky. He doesnt need to lose weight but if he can fill up more on healthy low carb choices he may cut down on the junk,,lol. Also going to take my music cds out of the car and listen to FTS cd in the car whule driving to work and back as well as running errands.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Started today
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:28:29 PM »
Hi there animal eyes, welcome to the family!

"I only get paid once a month so I cant afford to get rid of the food I do have to replace it"

Please rid yourself of all high carb stuff now, pasta, rice, grains, breads, cereals, sweets...you know.

Eggs, chicken, cabbage, hot dogs, lettuce are all inexpensive.  You may have a limited menu till next month but continuing to eat what you now know is poison must end today. Eating that stuff IS the problem. By the time next month rolls around you'll be down 10 or 15 pounds, feeling great and through sugar detox.

Just cause its in the house doesn't mean you have to eat it....give it away or throw it away.

It's like the decision to quit smoking "I have 10 packs left, I'll quit when their gone"

Make the decision to move forward and just do it  8)

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

lici88

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:05:40 PM »
Hello, I also just started today. I just got my book from Amazon after the book was recommended at a meeting. I admit haven't finished book but know I need support. Weight watchers 4x and diet roller coasters since 17. I'm 44 now and weigh 289 at 5 feet. Hoping this will be last resort and will win the battle of weight loss. Could definitely use friends who have lost successfully plus others like me who just started.

animaleyes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 09:51:44 PM »
Doug, thanks for encouragement. I shouldve made myself clear. I am ridding myself of the poisons judt not the house. My 25 yr. old son lives with me and hes not convinced he should do this with me seeing how hes not over weight. So he will be eating with old habits. I did mean Im going to est right keeping track of all carbs and limiting them to 20, burlt youre right about a limited diet this month...lol next month i will have lots of variety and cant wait to try recipies that i currently do mot habe all ingredients for now.

animaleyes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 09:53:28 PM »
Hi ther, lici88. I would love to be friends and take the journey to health with you. Sounds like we have alot in common. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:34:35 AM »
Welcome to all of you ! I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask :) I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly. Alot of times it just takes a little tweaking to work out family meals.  Fresh meats,vegetables,dairy,nuts and fruits everybody eats these items. You will both do great ande we will help! Enjoy the forum ;)                                     

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 11:44:09 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family, lici88 and animaleyes!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

We're here to help achieve much better health and reach your weight loss goals!

Please let us know if you have any questions.
The only dumb questions are those that are not asked. ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

animaleyes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »
Thank you Umpa and Tony :)

animaleyes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 01:08:18 PM »
Im just so pumped today!  Just weighed myself for the first time since I started a week ago Monday. Ive gone from 223.6 to 218.4! I cant wait until payday to stocky kitchen the right way and have more choices in carb limiting. Doug, Umpa and Tony, you are wonderful people are life savers, thank you so very much! I truly believe that Ill be climbing off the diabetes fence onto the right side.  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 10:07:31 AM »
You can do this girlfriend!!! Just keep your food simple and under 20 carbs and walk away from diabetes and take control of your life and health! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 12:16:54 PM »
Your doing great, animaleyes!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I overcame type II diabetes, and you will too! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!