Author Topic: Help for flattening out the tummy and toning the arms!  (Read 20949 times)

o0OSusieO0o

Re: Help for flattening out the tummy and toning the arms!
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2014, 05:34:28 PM »
Wow that's great you were able top it off with ground beef!!!
My skin is so dry, self tanners get blotchy on me.

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2014, 10:24:43 PM »
I'm having the best success with St Tropez - I know, I know - it's pricey - but it looks amazing and there is zero streaking, and zero orange!  In fact when it goes on it's like Army green and blotchy - but you go to bed and shower it off and it looks like I've been on the beach all day!  I have a few secrets I've learned along the way if you want to know - just say the word!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 09:04:05 AM »
Yeah you Sunshine!! I work out just for my attitude.It just makes me feel good.It also helps with my menopause symptoms ;)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2014, 12:23:51 PM »
It makes me feel better too!  And I like that I'm getting stronger and the "ripples" are slowly starting to smooth out :)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2014, 03:46:41 PM »
I'd love some self-tanning tips Sunshine!

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2014, 07:42:56 PM »
Ok - shower and exfoliate especially knees, ankles, elbows, back of knees and sides of feet.  Then lightly exfoliate the rest of your body.  Once out of the shower, dry off and use a Vaseline type product and rub into elbows, ankles, knees, - all the places you heavily exfoliated.  The Vaseline helps provide a barrier so you don't get uneven tone at the end.  Then I use regular body lotion on the tops of my feet and the regular body lotion provides a lighter barrier to keep the tone even.  It's line the gradual tanners on the market that are somewhat half lotion half self-tanner.  So mix lotion with tanning stuff if you want to start small and don't be afraid to do test spots.  I usually use my tummy or upper thighs.  Then I swear by the self-tanning mit sims by St Tropez. It's multi-use and wash and air dry as needed.  Using the mit helps you rub the tanner on evenly.  Don't be afraid to aggressively rub it in and rub lightly over ankles and feet - the Vaseline/body lotion will help keep it even but sometimes I'll use a cotton ball if I think I was a little careless.  For my face I usually wear a tight fitting shower cap and put Vaseline on my eyebrows and lips and sometimes I mix the tanner with a little moisturizer and sometimes I don't.  Don't worry if you make a mistake  - usually the next day you can exfoliate off any streaks or touch up with makeup.  But that's why I swear by St Tropez - it's rare I get any streaks.  It just looks crazy going on and the scent is very pleasant.  They have several types of tanners and 2 shades.  Hope that helps???!!!!  Good luck!0

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2014, 05:31:36 PM »
Thank you so much for the tips Sunshine!!!  I receive beauty products from the food bank I go to. They gave me 6- 6oz tubes of Jergens Natural Glow & Protect daily moisturizer. Says it gradually creates a naturally looking tan. Gave 2 to my older daughter, and still have 4. Your tips sounds good. I was thinking of mixing it with my skin lotion. I used it as a moisturizer & it was even on my legs but blotchy on my feet.
Wish I could afford to buy  St Tropez, but my money is all tied up with more important expenses, so i need to use what I have.
Boy do I appreciate your help!

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
I've used the Loreal brands with success prior to learning about St Tropez.  My main complaint was the smell but if you do it at night and shower it off in the morning I guess that would no longer be a problem.  It's 90+ degrees here so I want to look like I've been in the sun but save my skin from all the dangers.  That's so cool you get free products - don't be shy to try them if it's something you want. - give yourself some credit ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2014, 08:58:18 AM »
You have taught me alot about self tanners Sunshine :) Last time I used one was about 20 years ago and I was as orange as a umpa lumpa! :D

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2014, 03:20:55 PM »
Orange - not good :(. I'm a bronzed beauty as my hubby says - I'm hooked if it wasn't that obvious :)