Author Topic: At a loss  (Read 17006 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: At a loss
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 09:27:22 AM »
Hi there,

I can't see why a fat fast would not be worth a try.  After all, it's still low carb.  It's not like you'd be eating high carb/sugary foods.

I believe Dana Carpender recommend this as a way to kickstart things after a stall.

Hope you find something that works after all your hard work.

Hi Juvee a Fat Fast will certainly force the body in Ketosis quickly, after all it's 95% fat that you consume. A Fat Fast is also very little food consumed during the Fast. A typical Fat Fast consists of 5 very small servings of high fat food per day for 5 days. When I say small, I mean small;

3 strips of bacon would be a serving

2 ounces of cream cheese would be a serving

1  heavy cream latte would be a serving

So as you can see a Fat Fast couples almost zero carb with an actual "fasting"

Personally I do not ever recommend fasting, portion control reduction however is always recommended. Plateaus will always break naturally if you stick to low carb and reduce portions.  8)   
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: At a loss
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 09:52:23 AM »
I agree, Doug!

Next to keeping the carb intake down, portion control is CRITICAL in making progress.
Due to gluconeogenesis, eating too much will cause elevated glucose and stall-outs or even weight gain.

Fasting is something that, if done, should only be done occasionally, and NOT for long periods.
For religious reasons, I'll enter fasting and prayer to get my mind, heart, and spirit into "alignment".
A short fast can give the metabolism a "kick in the pants".

Tony
What you do today is what matters!