Author Topic: 800 calories  (Read 12888 times)

EstherFromAfrica

• View Profile
    • Email
800 calories
« on: October 05, 2013, 03:24:40 AM »
please i want to know if eating 800 or 750 calories too little in day in the fat to skinny diet.

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: 800 calories
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 05:38:13 AM »
Yes dear! That's too much for anyone to cut that much amount of calories. Remember we believe that eating a high fat, moderate protein and a low carb of 20 grams per day will help you eat the right amount of nutrients without the fear of calories although yes,  calories are important but if you eat the fat to skinny way you will not have to be concerned about going above your caloric intake because the high fat will signal your body that you are full therefore preventing you from over eating. Minimum calories for you at least should be 1500 per day. Less than that and you will cause your body to go into starvation mode and you will not loose the fat in your body while your body is eating (catabolism) your protein in your muscles making your metabolism to slow down to a crawl. If you cut  700 to 800 calories per day you will also mess up your adrenal glands causing you to be fatigue and tired and a whole of other myriad of problems! Don't do it. Doug and Tony have threads here explaining the consequences of a low caloric intake and I recommend you to find it and read it ok? ;) Cut your calories 500 at a time and this is equivalent to 2 lbs per week in which is an aggressive approach to losing weight but still safe.

shawn116

Re: 800 calories
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 07:58:23 AM »
Esther

Jay is correct.  There is no need to count calories with this lifestyle.  Just concern yourself with the carb intake.  Keep them under 20 net carbs.  Here is a post from Doug about why we don't worry with calories: http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2521.15

Quote from: SherriPie on May 06, 2011, 07:31:54 AM
But guys we're not doing calories, we're doing carbs. So you should be watching portion control and carb intake, not calories. Sure try to be mindful of what you're eating, just because it has no carbs doesn't mean you can eat a whole bag(portion control). But counting calories on FTS won't help you loose weight, that's the old way that we all tried and it never works.

Sherri is 100% correct.  Rena, are you sure I used the "C" word? Fuel in fuel out would be my normal statement and when I say that I'm referring to sugar in blood sugar out. I think calorie counting is a failed system which has been used for years and adopted by every food manufacturer and dietitian in the world. Of course years ago we used to think the world was flat and the sun rotated around the earth   :o

I'll give you an example of how calorie counting versus carb counting can conflict in our program;

Iceburg lettuce

8 cups are only 64 calories but that same 8 cups are 8 carbs, almost 1/2 your allowed total! That's why bunny rabbits get fat   :)

here's another, Pasta

1/2 cup of cooked pasta is only 110 calories but is also 21 carbs....ooops! no more food for you today!   :o

As I said, Sherri's advice is correct. and remember Rena as you work out all that protein you eat is developing into some muscle tissue, it weighs something, the scale might not be changing but unless I'm mistaken you're in those cute Mickey shorts now   ;)

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:00:04 AM by TooSweet »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 11:25:48 AM »
Hi, Esther! :)

There have been times in my weight loss journey when weight loss stopped.
I then lowered the protein and raised the fat... Then, weight loss resumed.

Forget about calories!
Pay attention to carbs and portion sizes and you'll do fine! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »
Tony I'm curious about lowering the protein and increasing the fat / can you give me examples that worked for you?  Like swapping pork rinds or soy butter in place of chicken!?  Sorry I'm still learning!  Thx!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 12:42:04 PM »
Hi, Sunshine! :)

To give you an idea of my overall nutrition regimen, here's a summary from my food tracker:

Fat 66%
Protein 24%
Carbs 4%
Other 6%

You can see that, on average, I eat more fat than anything else.

Protein is important.
But if we eat too much of it, it can turn to fat thru a metabolic process called gluconeogenesis.

So go ahead and swap away! ;D
But try to get some protein every day. Our bodies need it.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 07:35:27 PM »
I wanted to thank you for your advice.  I started paying more attention to my fat to protein ratio.  Today I snacked on a couple pepperoni. "Chips" to get by until dinner.  So far making that change is the only thing I can think of that's helping so mu ch !  I'm just do new and looking everything I up without going up to 5000 calories. :). Ii don't have enough consistent days to say I've got a handle on this do if you have any ideas for me I'm all ears!  Thanks!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 07:44:49 AM »
The best advice I can give you is dont overthink fat to skinny,it really is easy.Take your food obsession and focus it on something else like a new hobby or organizing your house ;)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 09:28:43 AM »
It's just been a blessing to see the scale move by seemingly a simple chance :). Thanks for everything!!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 11:55:17 PM »
That's right, keep eating more fat, and weigh yourself in week.

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 07:09:32 PM »
Ate some avocado today for the first time in forever because I was brainwashed to avoid fat and exercise at least 5 days a week!  Crazy, isn't it?  My friends think I'm nuts when we went to dinner and I asked for butter with my broccoli - sweet success :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 09:15:42 AM »
Diet  food stinks,I like to eat! :D

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 11:49:44 AM »
Boy do we love eating great satisfying foods! Losing weight while doing that feels fantastic!

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 01:59:31 PM »
Hi all

I think what helped jump start my LC plan is what most are saying- Don't count Calories - Count carbs. I Just read that in a DR. Atkins book ( 1972-73 ) edition.
Dec 2005- Lapband - 323 lbs... Got down to 267 lbs... Over the years regained weight.
Restart LC on  9/12/15-

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 04:37:06 PM »
Just carbs :)