Author Topic: Boredom eating?  (Read 7269 times)

bropretay

• View Profile
Boredom eating?
« on: September 23, 2013, 02:42:43 PM »
Hi all,
I am pretty new (first few weeks but have SLIPPED up a couple times).... I am so tired still right now with the lack of sugar/fruits.  I know I need to power through these first few weeks and make it WITHOUT cheating (b/c my cheats turn into binges).  However, I am so tired/fatigued that I tend to be bored/tired lurking around my kitchen.  How do you push through? I need some motivation!! :-\

shawn116

Re: Boredom eating?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 04:26:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum bropretay  :)  I know it's tough to power through.  Don't worry that sluggish feeling is normal...it's your body switching from burning carbs for energy to burning fat.  Sugar detox is rough to get through sometimes.  Every one of us is a little different so some will last longer than others.  The problem with slipping in the beginning is that more times than not it sets back with the detox process.  Once on the other side, your energy will increase and no longer have those cravings.  Until then I would say to ask yourself if you are truly hungry.  But let’s face it...in the beginning it's hard to learn new habits while you are detoxing.  This is what helped me to get through....

1. Try to stick with the 0 carb items to snack on to get you through those times of boredom…. I just have to have something snacking times. 
2. Drink some 0 carb beef, chicken or vegetable broth to help with the lack of salt intake that you are no longer getting from all the processed food. 
3. Plan, plan, plan....being prepared is your best defense to word off slips. 
4. Carry nuts, beef sticks, pork rinds...whatever is easy when you are leaving your house.  That way you are prepared for snack times on the go and don't come home starving and ready to eat anything. 
5. Drink lots of fresh cool water...it helps flush your body and keeps you hydrated
6. Carry sugar free hard candies for when you might need something sweet. 
7. Last but not least come here when you need some encouragement...we are always here  ;D

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 04:47:36 PM »
Great tips TooSweet.  Try sugarfree jelly (jello to you lot)  or some raspberries/strawberries with a little whipped cream.  The thing with slipping up is that you put yourself back to square one (almost).  Try to put yourself into a positive mindset - that you can do this. Make it a challenge for 2 weeks ( which is typically the time frame for detox).   fts is really not that hard to follow as we have so many substitutes for the 'carb-laden foods'.  If you are stuck -as TooSweet said - just ask, we are all here to support and help each other.

Oh and welcome to the forum.  Drop in often and tell us how you're getting on.

NoellBlue1

• Happy to be alive :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 08:11:59 PM »
bropretay welcome  :D  Looks like you've gotten some grate advice already.  No matter how many slip ups you have, just keep trying... it gets easier as you go on.  Hang in there, and stay positive.  ;D ;D ;D
Wishing you love, joy, peace, light, and laughter for every moment in your life;)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 01:11:42 AM »
I get bored too and wonder in my kitchen, my daughter does that too. Teens get so starved, lol.
I make sugar-free jello & whipped cream in morning. When it's snack time I layer the 2 together in a tall glass or dessert glass. Sometimes I just top jello with the whipped cream & devour.
Definitely has to be carb free for me too. I over snack, lol. Even my cheese sticks have carbs. I can eat just one if I have something else like a hard boiled egg or some meat. I crave nuts too much, even unsalted raw nuts.
My daughter snacks on sunflower seeds in the shell to keep herself satisfied. That's too much salt for me.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 09:49:21 AM »
Welcome bropretay! I am Umpa,Dougs wife. :) If I can help you please ask.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 12:07:20 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, bropretay!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I apologize for not welcoming you sooner. :(
But lately, I'm not getting notified on some posts until days later.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!