Author Topic: Fun low carb salad and garden recipes  (Read 10060 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Fun low carb salad and garden recipes
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:58:53 AM »
It's summertime and for many that means lots of tomatoes, peppers and greens...lets see what we can do with them :)

1- Chefs salad with meats cheeses and hard boiled egg

2- Salad with a nice scoop of Tuna Fish salad in the center

3- Taco Salad, southwestern spiced ground beef or ground chicken in the center of the salad, shredded cheddar all over the top of the hot meat, surround the outside with hot and spicy pork rinds for the "chips" or toast up some lavash bread and crack it up.

4- Oriental Shrimp Salad with a sesame oil and vinegar dressing, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds

1- YES! Make some homemade pasta sauce with tomatoes and peppers, freezes great! Use pint size zip lock bags for easy portion control.

2- I LOVE Peppers and eggs for breakfast, butter melted in the pan..then chopped peppers till wilted, then scramble in the eggs!

3- Roasted peppers in olive oil....very easy, heat up the grill to high, split the peppers and remove the seeds then flatten, coat with olive oil and salt and pepper then grill, don't be afraid to partially blacken some lines into the peppers, really adds to the flavor. Let cool completely then stuff into a jar and pour in the olive oil, refrigerate. As you eat the peppers gradually start using the remaining oil for cooking or salad dressings...YUM!

4- Here's a wonderful fresh Pico De Gallo recipe, I made blackened fish the other day and wanted Pico on top but we didn't have any fresh cilantro in the garden...BUT we did have plenty of mint... I simply chopped onion, mint and fresh tomato, salt and pepper....It was delicious on top of the spicy fish...give that one a try!

5- Can't go wrong with stuffed peppers but I would cut them in half and go Italian. Ground hot sausage mixed with chopped onion and a bit of egg white and garlic. spoon on some of your homemade pasta sauce, fill the halves and roast. You can even freeze these raw wrapped in plastic wrap for a quick easy meal in the future.

If you have lots of squash give these recipes a try- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3196.0

And these- http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3199.0
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Fun low carb salad and garden recipes
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 04:48:52 PM »
Stuck in the same old meals? Happens to the best of us.......... give the above a go! Summers leaving us quickly  :-[
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)