Author Topic: Toosweet check this out !Red Velvet Goodness! Twinkies!  (Read 14332 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Toosweet check this out !Red Velvet Goodness! Twinkies!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 12:43:02 PM »
OH MY!!! :o :o :o
Talk about toxic temptations!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 03:39:26 PM »
Oh my is right Tony  :o :o :o   Those look so good though.  It would be easy to do FTS style though   ;D ;D  Yummy  Love red velvet cake  ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 04:05:45 PM »
Oh my is right Tony  :o :o :o   Those look so good though.  It would be easy to do FTS style though   ;D ;D  Yummy  Love red velvet cake  ;)

;)

Well Umpa, looks like you've got a bunch of work ahead of you converting these to FTS-friendly! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 07:48:09 PM »
http://www.ivillage.com/22-mouth-watering-red-velvet-recipes/3-a-540263?nlcid=fd|07-04-2013|&_mid=1421349&_rid=1421349.5702.37661

Thank you oh so much umpa (NOT), I am on day 12 of doing without sweetness and what do you make me do -
DROOL (mind you I have also run out of tissues to wipe that drool off) and CRAVE.   They look absolutely scrumptious.  As I read it, I was wondering how to convert. 

My birthday is in October and one of those recipes may be my 'birthday cake', so umpa (if you please) start converting.
Thank you in advance (of my advancing years  :D).

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »
Goodness...I don't think I'm strong enough to have looked at that as long as I did  :o :'(
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 12:22:44 AM »
The red velvet twinkies will be easy peasy using your red velvet cake recipe Umpa   ;) ;)   Once I come off of my sweets boycott Haha  I'll have to see if I can make them.  I'm with Morgan....droool  ;D

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Toosweet check this out !Red Velvet Goodness! Twinkies!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 09:12:24 PM »
I'm with you on that toosweet!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 10:09:45 AM »
I ordered the twinkie pan and the red velvet cake recipe is in the Fat to Skinny Bakery Book!I am very excited to be able to make these for grandson!  ;) I will post pics when I make them!

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 11:03:03 AM »
I just saw a twinkie pan on Amazon  LOL  I can't wait to see how they turn out!!!  Those are definitely grandbaby food   ;D ;D  Chocolate with cream filling...."No carrot" carrot cake with cream cheese filling.....Oh goodness the possibilities are endless

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 03:09:12 PM »
Just a quick question...and someone may have told me somewhere else and I don't remember...I'm not planning on making these anytime soon, I don't have the gear to do it anyhow, but what do you suggest replacing cream cheese with? I can't have it and I was wondering if heavy whipping cream wouldn't do the trick?
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 05:18:33 PM »
Oh yes...you could just use a whipped cream filling   ;)   Something else that would be good is some kind of pudding or even jelly center.  Whatever you like I'm sure would be yummy

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 05:38:27 PM »
Thanks...sounds awesome!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 06:20:58 PM »
Since reading this post I have been trying to track down a twinkie pan. As you know twinkies are an American thing so this is of course not going to be easy. Amazon have them but don't post to my designated address. EBay have them but postage  is $40+, so now on a mission when going into town and checking out the stores.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 06:35:37 PM »
Morgan...would it be easier if someone in the states mailed you one and you mailed back reimbursement? I wouldn't mind helping you if that's a route you decide you want to try.