Author Topic: Motivate and Encourage  (Read 41380 times)

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
Re: Motivate and Encourage
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2010, 09:59:58 PM »
I have never ever even thought of tresspassing into no mans land  ::) It just wouldn't be right. Oh and by the way I didn't realize I was fat (bad word) until I got stuck under a house trying to run a water line. I have a full head of hair, heck I need a hair cut real bad  ;D I never use the F word  ;D
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas

toddy44

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2010, 10:05:19 PM »
Sorry Phil, I'll back out of the man cave.....

I just responded to something that was in the last unread posts.

I don't like to call myself fat, I was quoting Gary!

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2010, 01:34:45 AM »
I was kidding. Anyone is welcome in the cave, as long as you clean your mess when your done ;D
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas

toddy44

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2010, 10:42:17 AM »
I know.....lol
I'm very tidy, I promise to clean up when I leave......

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Motivate and Encourage.... Job Interviews
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2010, 11:26:24 AM »
(felt like crap today:( had a pointless job interview:(  then took my lazy butt to the park and walked 6 miles....feel a bazillion million % better:) going bike riding when my awesomely beautiful wife gets home:)

Hi buddy, take it from someone who's built several companies and taken companies public....you're a quality guy and any company would be lucky to have you committed to them....Now, why do I say that? Simple, your proof is in your actions, committing to go from FAT TO SKINNY and actually doing it are two different things. As you know staying committed to the plan was and is the reason you have dropped 80 pounds. That my friend speaks volumes about your character! Here's what I suggest....play it up on your resume....use it to show your potential employer that you Gary are a team player who has the ability to take on the tough tasks with full commitment until success is achieved. Put your biggest fattest before picture right on your resume!!!  ;)

or, start the Gary Doughboy Pork Rind Bread Baking Company!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:28:21 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

toddy44

« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2010, 07:23:59 PM »
Now that's funny!

gonnagetthere

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2010, 07:28:09 PM »
yes it is

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2010, 02:48:53 PM »
Hi Guys!

I was at my doctor's earlier this week and talked to him about FTS.
He said he approves of it because he says eliminating sugars and starches from a diet are critical for successful AND sustained weight loss. And that eating plenty of vegetables along with protein and fat insures good nutrition.
I'm so glad he's supportive of the FTS lifestyle! :)
I've heard not all doctor's are.

I also talked with him about exercise.
I told him that since I started FTS, my wife and I walk about 35-40 minutes (3 miles) a day.

A funny smile came over his face and he told me that many people believe they have to exercise themselves to exhaustion in order to get a decent workout for weight loss. He said, current research shows that this in not necessary!

He agrees with Doug to NOT exercise for the purpose of weight loss.
He said it takes so much exercise just to lose only one pound of body fat, the work-to-reward ratio is too slow and discouraging for most people.

He says, brisk walking for 30 minutes a day is the best exercise I can do to get my metabolism in a good place to foster more rapid and healthy weight loss, start building cardio strength, AND get my metabolism back into a healthy balance.

He wants to see me in 6 months and maybe take me off (or at least reduce) the meds I take for high blood pressure, cholesterol, and high blood sugar [i.e. all together (with obesity) these spell, "metabolic disorder"].
Man o man am I looking forward to that!!! ;D ;D ;D

What you do today is what matters!

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2010, 09:25:52 AM »
well:) like Doug says in his car vs fuel analogy... the more you use the car, the more fuel you will burn:) carbs is the the fuel and also the FAT, so i am gonna use the hell outta my car(body) and get rid of all of that extra fuel (FAT) that i have put in it over the years,and when i get to the point where i am only filling her up when i am close to E. ask the doctor about exercising to stay fit:), tone:), & just for overall better health:) not saying its for everyone>> also not saying it should be to the point of "exhaustion" (who does that?) but i am saying that it will surely make you look & feel better:) also it will get you to where you want to be faster,and once you get there,maintain the FTS lifestyle & you'll stay there:) that being said,its overcast & breezy here in northern KY. Katie and i are off on a nature hike with the 2 pooches:) she says that she hopes it rains and we get soaked:) sounds like a plan!!!!!! later :o

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2010, 10:14:52 AM »
Gary, you going dirt bike riding this weekend...from your current picture it looks like your' getting pretty good at it :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2010, 10:54:45 AM »
I'm with you on that... More power to ya Gary!

When someone is in a physical state where his/her body can withstand the demands of rigorous exercise, it is a good thing.

As a former college football player, I understand the value of strength and endurance training.
It can come in very handy when you're working on projects around the homestead, on vacation doing physical stuff, or going fishing and brush busting to get to a remote spot on a stream. You can work (and play) much harder and much longer before even breaking a sweat.

One of my goals is to get back into similar shape that I was in while I was attending college.
I'm real and don't expect to be able to play ball like I did back then. But God willing... I'll be able to "bust brush" again without strain.
What you do today is what matters!

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2010, 11:51:16 AM »
lol....the dirt part:) well we all all dirty right now...just gave both dogs a bath...waiting my turn for the shower...we got very wet and muddy:)

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2010, 10:59:05 PM »
ok fella's .... played "real" basketball today with guys in their 20's... and they all pegged me for being in my mid-30's :) (i am 48) i was completely winded after a couple of hours:( but i held my own against the pups while playing...& sweated my arse off:) 4 months ago NO WAY could i have competed this way.... & Doug i am sure you can relate to this:) even though i have surpassed my weight loss goal,i have absolutely ZERO desire to eat anything that put me in the position i was in before i started FTS...its freakin amazing... not 1 single thing that i used to eat tempts me in the least little bit:).... but unfortunately my recovery time hasnt improved:( i am freakin beat!!!
                     peace/out 8)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2010, 09:30:14 AM »
Good for you Gary! If you want to improve your recovery time you'll need to increase your stamina......cardio will do that for you. It doesn't need to be hours of it either, just get your heart beating fast for 10-15 minutes per day doing some kind of cardio..... I like chasing Umpa around the house  ;)

katary

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2010, 09:31:43 AM »
lol....that wouldnt work here.... becky would let me "catch" her right away!!! :o

oh wait...hold on...now i see what youre saying >>> i get the cardio in "after" i catch her :o
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 09:36:49 AM by katary »