Low Carb Peppermint Stick Ice Cream
4 tablespoons cracked and crushed sugar free peppermint candy
1 tablespoon peppermint extract
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
24 drops FAT TO SKINNY Zero Sweetener
1/8th teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
Sugar free whip cream for garnish
1. Place 10-15 unwrapped hard sugar free peppermint candies in the freezer.
2. Combine heavy cream, unsweetened almond milk, FAT TO SKINNY Zero Sweetener , vanilla extract and salt in a heavy saucepan.
3. Heat cream mixture just to a boil and remove from heat.
4. Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then add hot cream mixture in a slow stream, whisking quickly so you donít curdle your eggs.
5. Pour mixture back into saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened and registers 170įF on thermometer.
6. Pour custard into a metal bowl and let cool on counter before placing into fridge.
7. Cover and chill in fridge for at least 5 hours.
8. When your candy is frozen remove from freezer and place in a quart size freezer zip lock bag zipping the bag 95% closed.
9. Using a rolling pin or meat tenderizing mallet smack the candy a few times to crack and crush it into small pieces then return the bag to the freezer.
10. When your custard is very cold remove from fridge, stir well and pour into an ice cream maker.
11. Process per your manufactures instructions adding 3 tablespoons of crushed candy and the peppermint extract when the ice cream gets to the consistency of very very thick pancake batter but not yet fully frozen. (you want the extract and the candy pieces to mix in well)
12. Continue to process to desired thickness.
13. If your ice cream is thick enough you can serve it now, if not place in the freezer in a freezer proof container.
14. Sprinkle additional crushed candy over ice cream and garnish with whip cream when serving.
TIP- Let ice cream soften a bit on counter before serving to enjoy a creamy consistency.