Author Topic: Re: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health  (Read 7759 times)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »
Well here I am, over 1 year of maintenance and am still hovering around my goal weight.  I feel healthier and more energetic than ever.  

I reached my goal on March 14, 2011 although I went down a little too low so I adjusted it up by 5 pounds.  Eating the Fat to Skinny was has just become second nature now.  I do eat more fruit now, but other than that I stick to the basics.  Some days I eat more carbs than others, but it is always low carb products.  

Not sure if you caught a previous post I put up a couple of weeks ago.  We just got back from a 3 ½ week vacation in Florida.  When packing for this trip I tried on shorts from last summer and they were too tight so I left them home.  Not even a week into my trip all of the shorts and capris I took with me started to feel baggy.  I ended up having to buy shorts and capris in the smaller size that I was last summer (not that I minded, I was shopping anyway).  I know I had been especially careful to only eat when I was hungry and didn’t snack when others around me were snacking.  At that point in our vacation the only walking I was doing was in stores, shopping malls and flea markets.  Maybe living in the north we carry a little extra weight in the winter to keep us warm.  I’m not sure why the change, but I was thrilled to go on vacation and [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/][url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]lose weight[/url][/url].

The first 2 weeks we stayed with family and friends (West Palm Beach, then Winter Haven).  I did a little grocery shopping and made sure I had SF Almond Milk, chayotes, lettuce, eggs and cheese.  I also brought with me my low carb Sensato hot cereal, wraps and pitas.  I also took all of the ingredients for One Minute Muffins.  I was always prepared if we were eating at someone’s house  to throw a chayote in the microwave or whip up a quick salad if they didn’t have anything other than meat that was FTS friendly.  Everyone is used to me now and the way I eat and always checked to be sure there was enough for me to eat as well.  I also picked up some Breyers Low Carb Fudge Bars and SF Peanut Butter Cups to have as a special treat for dessert.

Restaurant eating was the easiest.  Salad, meat and would substitute a vegetable for the potato.  If it was something that came on a bun I just asked for it without the bun and either just ate it with a knife and fork or I did carry a pita and a wrap in my purse.  No problem!!  Never once did I feel deprived or like I was missing something.

The 3rd week we were on our own, gulf front at Madeira Beach.  Such a gorgeous stretch of beach to walk every day.  We walked to restaurants, walked to John’s Pass and of course lots of walking while shopping.  I can’t believe all of the bargains in your stores.  My favourite place was the Beall’s Outlet stores.  Low prices, then up to 80% off on the sales racks and on Mondays another 15% off because I’m over 50.  So much fun!!  

I also saw in a post by Katary on how to order low carb at Starbucks.  A pikes with 1/3 steamed heavy cream with SF flavour.  I took his suggestion and got the cinnamon and it was wonderful!!  To me it was like having dessert.

So I just wanted to let everyone know that not only does FTS work to [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/][url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]lose weight[/url][/url], you can keep it off, just like Doug said you would.  Continue to be aware of everything you eat, keep it low carb and don’t use excuses like you are at someone’s house or away on vacation.  If you change your lifestyle, you will have a new and improved you!!

So this summer I am ready for my daughter's wedding and my high school reunion and my weight is not anything that I have to stress about.  Looking foward to it all!!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:55:29 AM by ShihTzuMom1 »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 12:31:16 PM »
Hi ShihTzuMom1! :)

Wow!... You sure are looking great and happy too! :)

The FTS lifestyle is a wonderful way to live!
There is no other that I'm aware of that allows the wonderful (often rich) foods we eat, to never feel hungry or deprived, and still lose (or maintain) weight.

Thank you for reminding us all that maintaining weight is very easy with FTS!
It's nice to know what we have to look forward to!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 01:04:40 PM »
I am so happy for you!!!!! Me thinks you are a florida girl at heart you look great with that golden skin! I love Bealls too!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »
Thanks for the compliments.  And Umpa I will also let you know that I have a golden belly.  It hasn't seen the sun since the late 1970's, so it was a little pink before it turned brown (and no Katary, I will not be posting a picture).

I should also mention that I was on vacation so cocktails were included.  Mainly I would drink vodka & club soda with a slice of lemon, or if I hadn't cropped my profile picture you would see that I had a lovely glass of red wine in my hand. 

I never thought maintenance would be so easy!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »
Well it sounds like you had a blast! i love florida during the winter.You are doing great and I am very proud of you my friend ;)