Author Topic: Heavy woman puts head on skinny Jib Jab body, sees herself thin loses 230lbs  (Read 5912 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Please tell us what triggered you to want to lose weight, here's Sherri's story

I had tried EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. I just couldn't seem to lose the weight. So the Christmas before I started I was on a site called Jib Jab. I'm sure you're familiar with it? Anyway it's a site where you make these little videos by adding your face to their bodies. I did the little elf one and added my son and husband. I made it and then sat back and watched it, thinking it would be fun for the family for facebook. What happened really changed me. I saw myself in the little video in a skinny body, dancing around and being happy. Sounds silly but until that time my brain had told me that being skinny isn't possible. I guess for me that was my "ah ha" moment. I thought ya know I could do that, if I can look like that there...why can't I in real life? It stayed with me all through the holidays and I watched it a few more times. Took me three months but in March of 2010 I bought the FTS book and started down my new road. This June I will be maintaining for a year and it has been the easiest maintenance ever.  I have never been healthier, happier or had more energy.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
For me, weight loss was an accident. I was motivated to NOT have to use needles for the type 2 diabetes I used to have :) weight loss happened as a bi product of removing all the glucose creating foods and beverages from my intake.....FAT TO SKINNY was born :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
For me it was the first time in my life that I took care of me instead of everyone else.My health was failing fast and I HAD to do something  :)

owensmath

God brought me to the episode of the 700 Club with Doug on it. I don't even normally watch the show. I had been praying for two weeks about what to do because I had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and didn't want to take medication for the rest of my life. I have not had so much as a cold since starting my FTS life!

SarahC

• View Profile
I saw a heavy friend losing weight with FTS and she was cheating on it. I fiddled around on the edge for a while, then finally committed and threw out the high carb food in my cupboards.

shawn116

I had seen what FTS could do when a good friend of mine lost a ton of weight.   I wanted to drop some weight for my son's wedding so I thought why not give it a try.  Little did I know it would be so life changing.... I just didn't expect my health to change so drastically for the better  ;D 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
God brought me to the episode of the 700 Club with Doug on it. I don't even normally watch the show. I had been praying for two weeks about what to do because I had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and didn't want to take medication for the rest of my life. I have not had so much as a cold since starting my FTS life!

I came upon FTS the same way you did, owensmath! ;D

It started with a diagnosis, a number of prayers, and then an episode of the 700 Club.
I then bought the book and never looked back since! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
too Cool! Who was your friend TooSweet? :)

shawn116

too Cool! Who was your friend TooSweet?

She doesn't come on the forum Umpa but I have showed her where it is and have encouraged her to come join us.  She really doesn't do the computers that often I don't think.   ;)  I tell ya when she first told me about FTS it really went in one ear and out the other...LOL  So I know very well the glassed over look people get when I talk about FTS... 8)  I was there once myself.  You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink... ;D  But it kept nagging at me in the back of my mind until I was ready to give it a go.....  I'm so mad at myself that I didn't listen sooner  :-\   I believe she lost around 60-70 lbs, and had fantastic blood work after.  Then she went off FTS and is now back on to drop some she gained back.  She is doing great.   ;)  If I'm not mistaken she told me she saw Doug on the 700 club and that was what lead her to it. 

Just so everyone knows....she did it just following the original book.  No extra recipes or goodies...LOL  I've shown her a few of my favorites (like the one minute muffin) but she likes to keep it simple.  So I guess I'm saying that you really don't have to get fancy to be successful...

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
I've always been overweight.  I weighed 228 when we got married at age 22, and my wedding gown was a "tight" 18/20.  Five years later, our daughter was born. From then on, I was just "mom".  I didn't take care of myself, and my weight got worse and worse.  When our daughter went off to college, I had ballooned to 376.   All of a sudden, we had an empty nest.  :-\  Here we were back alone together....ready for some great times & vacations....but I was almost 400 pounds.  :-[     

At that time, our daughter was attending the Naval Academy.  When I saw her breeze through Plebe Summer enduring the same physical trials as the boys....I was inspired!!  I decided to try to change my health.  I started out counting calories.  While attending the Navy Football tailgate parties I met & became friends with Donna Owens...Owensmath!  She told me all about FTS!  She even brought FTS treats to the tailgates and shared them with me.  :)  I purchased the $10 download of the book and decided to give it a try.  Amazingly....I lost 10 pounds the first week!  I have been hooked ever since....

Our daughter eventually decided that being a Naval Officer was not the career she wanted.  Though we were disappointed at her decision, I know there is a purpose for everything.....maybe it was all just so I could meet Donna.  My life has definitely changed since then, and I know the best is still yet to come!   :)   

owensmath

My life is better having Jan as my friend! She has become my inspiration even though I first shared  FTS with her. You can't just meet her and stay the same. She is a wonderful, caring, encouraging friend who prays for all of my prayer concerns that I share with her, too. She is truly a blessing. By the way, she started bringing treats to our tailgates that were WAY better than the ones I first brought!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yep Maddysmom is a cheesecake freak :D :D :D

NewMe11

• View Profile
I had always had to be very mindful of what I ate and work out. I got pregnant with my son and gained 90 lbs. For someone who hadn't struggled for years this was a huge blow. My son will be 4 in May and I still haven't lost the remaining weight. A husband had pointed me in the FTS direction because his father had done it and he knew how well it worked.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
If you have a 4 year old stopping sugar is the best thing you can do.Your energy level will go through the roof!When you start reading labels you are gonna be shocked how much sugar is in kids food. ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Donna...I feel the SAME way about YOU!!   I love you girl..... :-*

Umpa!  You know me TOO well!!  ;D  Had your chocolate cheesecake again this weekend! ...and it wasn't even a holiday!!  ha ha  I shared this one with a couple of my neighbors.  ;)