Author Topic: PCOS?  (Read 7590 times)

meliiza

• View Profile
    • Email
PCOS?
« on: February 15, 2012, 02:48:36 PM »
Hello ladies! I'm new here, first post as well. :) Does anyone here have PCOS? I was recently diagnosed and don't want to take medication. I'm looking forward to using FTS to hopefully feel healthier & lose 10-15 lbs to help keep it under control. 

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: PCOS?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:27:50 PM »
Hi Meliiza and welcome to the forum!  I had to google PCOS to see what this was, and I am sorry you are having to deal with this.   I had large ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids which caused me to need a hysterectomy several years ago.  I know my diagnosis was different, so hopefully some of the other ladies will chime in who may be able to help.  :)   As for the FTS lifestyle, I really LOVE eating this way.  I feel better than I have in years.  You will find that the people here are so friendly and they really care about helping others.

Be sure to check out the great recipes!  The cheesecakes are amazing.   ;)  Again....Welcome to the family!!   

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 07:08:41 PM »
I can't help either (sorry) - I had a hysto 30 years ago and they never said 'PCOS' - those little dickens sure give us a hard time, don't they? But I do want to welcome you to the forum! I hope someone here can help.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 12:35:03 PM »

Shercat051703

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 07:23:35 PM »
Meliiza,

My Name is Sherri. Yes. I have PCOS. I am on medicine . I have been on meds for seven years. I have no years with no period cycle (even with meds). I have been on FTS for one month and I just a period. Is this related? I don't know. I can hope my body is healing its self from the inside. I will tell you if it happens next month. I have lots of health issues that I hope eating right will fix. The ones caused by my eating anyway!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:16:55 AM »
My name is Sherri too! Check out Sherripie ;) Welcome Shercat! I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.What meds are you on for PCOS?Birth control??Congrats on the [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url]! You are gonna do great! :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:18:29 AM by umpa »

Shercat051703

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 07:38:23 AM »
Umpa, thanks. I am on Metaphormin for my PCOS. It doesn't seem to work,then I started this new eating plan to get skinny and all of the sudden I had a period! that was soo amazing!!! I am very optimistic now that I have read your article. I think God has lit the way he wants me to go...

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 08:10:50 AM »
Soon you will be off the metformin.Watch your numbers  and talk to your doctor. ;) You are doing great! ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 08:40:11 AM »
H Shercat, sugar does many things to throw off our bodies....we simply aren't designed to metabolize all the carbs we have been ingesting for years. I've seen many health related problems reverse when folks eat FTS. It's time for you to really pay attention to your blood sugar levels and your Metformin.

Instead of taking the pill to counteract the sugar prior to eating have you considered eating and then.....checking your blood sugar......and then taking as little metformin as necessary if at all?

Time for a review. ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 10:37:04 AM »
My Cycle seems to be getting more regular. I have gone months without them or had two in a month. For the last two months they hit right on the thirty day mark. (which is normal for the ladies in my weird family) If it continues it will be a HUGE bonus to an already awesome weight loss experience.
Good luck to you and *hugs*

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »
Isn't it amazing how when you do the right thing everything else just falls in line?? ;)

Amandacheryl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »
I've been told I have pcos- it actually gets worse for me on birth control. It's been a few months since I've had a period but I'm hoping with this I won't have to go to the drs. And rely on progesterone pills. Good luck to you and welcome :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 07:58:50 AM »
I think when you find the right balance amanda things fall in line.If you have heart disease or cancer in your family please do more research before taking progesterone. I am 47 , 3 years into menopause and hot flashes and have never taken birth control or progesterone.I was also misdiagnosed with PCOS.The midwife that diagnosed me didn't know much about me.When the doctor she worked for found out she was livid.The doctor knew me .The midwife didn't know I am a herbalist,don't eat sugar,low carb count daily,workout everyday , and most importantly heart disease and breast cancer run on my mothers side of the family.I lost my grandmother and 2 aunts  to heart disease and my mother had a stroke.The midwife suggested birth control and Valium.And if the birth control didn't work hormones.Needless to say my doctor totally disagreed and the midwife is no longer there.I have found PCOS is misdiagnosed in a lot of women.There are several herbs that are great for menopause.If I can help you just ask ;)