Author Topic: Upside down Pumpkin Pie by TooSweet!  (Read 4957 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Upside down Pumpkin Pie by TooSweet!
« on: December 26, 2011, 08:37:23 AM »

I guess I will throw my hat in the ring.  LOL  I just finished this recipe and it was very good...even warm!  That says something because I have never liked my pumpkin pie warm.   Gotta love pumpkin though   :-* :-*

UPSIDE DOWN PUMPKIN PIE
Pie ingredients
   1 ½ cups pumpkin (or 15 ounce can) (4 net for ½ cup serving = 12 carbs)
   3 eggs (my Egg Land’s Best say 0)
   ¾  cup Xylitol or 36 drops of FTS Zero
   ½  tsp. salt
   1 tsp. cinnamon (.7 )
   ¼ tsp. cloves (.68)
   ½ tsp. ginger (.99 net for 1 tsp. so .5)
   ¾ cup of Heavy whipping cream (0)
Top crust
   1 oz. or ¼ cup pecans (1.23)
   1 oz. or ¼ cup walnuts (1.99)
   2 tsp. cinnamon xylitol mixture (1 ½ tsp. xylitol ½ tsp. cinnamon) (.5)
Topping
   1 cup Heavy whipping cream (0)
   2 tbs. Sugar free Torani Brown sugar and cinnamon syrup (0)   (or whatever flavor you like.  You can also make it easy and use the canned stuff)
Instructions
1.   Whip eggs together
2.   Mix in xylitol, pumpkin and heavy whipping cream
3.   Add in spices and mix well
4.   Spray a pie plate with cooking spray or use ramekins to make individual servings like I did
5.   Poor batter in dish or divide between dishes and place inside larger dish.  Place water inside outer dish to create a water bath.
6.   To make top crust- chop nuts and mix together with xylitol mixture.  Place in oven at 375 for about 8-10 minutes to create a glazed nut mixture.  (watch close and stir so they don’t burn)
7.   Sprinkle nuts over top of pie and bake at 425 for the first 15 minutes then turn down to 350 for 40- 50 minutes.  Until a knife inserted comes out clean.
8.   For topping whip Heavy whipping cream with syrup until peaks form.  Chill until ready to serve.
For those of you that don’t like very sweet you might consider not making the nuts sweet.  Maybe roasting them with a little butter and cinnamon instead.  (I plan to try that next time) I made six individual ramekins.   I ran all the ingredients that didn't already have a count listed through the USDA National Nutrient Database here http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/  It comes out to 17.6 net carbs for the whole recipe so mine came out to 2.93 net for 6 deserts or 2.2 for 8.  

Everyone keep creating!!!  I can see a yummy holiday coming   ;) ;)

I added the pictures  Smiley  You can see that I didn't chop the nuts that well...LOL  Next time I will chop them smaller so that they will be spread out better....  ;)

I'm adding a new picture of the upside down pumpkin pie..... these Suz and I made today and they came out much better with the smaller chopped nuts.  Very good....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:37:41 AM by TooSweet »

shawn116

Re: Upside down Pumpkin Pie by TooSweet!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 09:52:13 PM »
I thought I would post a picture with this so everyone can see just in case yall missed the original post  ;)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:46:10 PM by TooSweet »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 09:32:07 AM »
i love these ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 04:07:36 PM »
They are really goooood!!! :) :) :)

Thanks for sharing, Shawn!
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 04:09:07 PM »
Love pumpkin  :)

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 12:36:41 AM »
I've got this in the oven now.....yummmy   IT'S PUMPKIN TIME!!!   ;D ;D

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 08:28:08 PM »
Here you go guys.  

This is my new favorite way to make these.  They are made with the help of these little beauties  http://www.amazon.com/Jarden-Home-Brands-Mouth-Canning/dp/B0000BYD0F/ref=sr_1_10?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1382747398&sr=1-10&keywords=ball+half+pint+mason+jars   

Each one holds the perfect serving of pumpkin.  Approximately 1/2 cup of pumpkin mixture.  I filled mine to the first rim at the top and topped with the nut mixture.  Be careful not to fill them too full or they will overflow while cooking.  Follow the directions as written in the original post.  Do yourself a favor and don't forget to spray the jars with cooking spray.  Bonus.....put the lids on while they are still hot and it will form a seal as they cool to keep them fresher way longer.  ( Please don't mistake this for safely sealed as if canning.  You will need to follow canning directions for that) They will still need to be refrigerated also, but will last a bit longer because they are now air tight.  That is if they hang around that long   :D :D :D   They are perfect for the freezer for long term storage and serving control.   ;)   Excuse me while I go and enjoy one with a cup of decaf   :) :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:35:17 PM by TooSweet »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 02:46:14 PM »
Wow!!!... Great tip Shawn! ;D ;D ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 10:12:45 AM »
I love this!! I thought I saw a recipe where you did cupcakes like this toosweet? :)

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 10:37:06 AM »
Yep...you can put just about anything in there.  Cheese cake, cupcakes even meatloaf.  It's a great way to portion things out or make it easy to carry for a lunch.   ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 10:07:30 AM »
Love it! :)