Author Topic: Fat to Skinny Island  (Read 9624 times)

F2S-Awesome

Fat to Skinny Island
« on: May 10, 2011, 11:39:03 AM »
Ok here is a fun, goofy kind of post that will help us all succeed. Let’s pretend. Ok so we are all told in a dream that one month from now we will all be magically transported and marooned for a full year on a deserted island. All of us, including our family and friends, will be trapped together on Fat to Skinny Island. No time will pass in the real world while we are there. Fat to Skinny Island has gorgeous resort style living quarters and amenities and more than enough private condos for all of us, laundry facilities, free awesome clothes stores, a huge industrial kitchen with all the necessary equipment, and of course a fully stocked bar with enough to last us all the year. Basically everything we could ever need for living and having fun. However, the only caveat is that we need to bring our own food with us, and it must be “Fat to Skinny Approved” and we will have to make the list complete before we go because once there, we can’t get, or grow, any food at all that we didn’t bring. So what will we bring?  This is a fun way to create the ultimate Fat to Skinny supply list that will help us all to succeed with our Fat to Skinny goals.  Please reply with what you think is missing and I will continue to edit this original post to add all your suggestions. OK so here is a starting list, in no particular order (maybe some doubles):

Raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, strawberries, unsweetened coconut,  Artichoke hearts, asparagus, green beans, bean sprouts, bok choy, cabbage, celery, Swiss chard, collard greens, cucumber, eggplant, fennel, garlic, jicama, low carb, mushrooms, okra, peppers (red, green, yellow), pumpkin meat, radishes, scallions, snow peas, squash ( spaghetti, yellow, zucchini) tofu, tomato, turnip, turnip greens, watercress, baby and regular spinach, cucumbers, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, romaine lettuce hearts, jicama, Presidents brand butter, sugar free or low carb yogurt, whipped cream, sugar free Jello, various cheeses (low and zero carb), eggs, liquid eggs or egg whites, mayo, Mt. Olive pickles, unsweetened almond milk, 50/50 or sugar free jelly, GG bran crisp, thin sliced cold cuts (zero carb), unsweetened almond milk, DaVinci no sugar syrups, Walden Farms sauces, dressings, and syrups, low or zero carb bbq sauce, heavy cream, emerald cocoa almonds, un-blanched almond meal, golden flax seed meal and/or seeds, almond flour/meal, pork rinds, block tofu, tofu noodles (both miracle and shirataki), sugar free candy, sugar free bubble gum, polar ice flavored drinks, diet soda , Xylitol, Stevia, canned albacore tuna, low carb tortillas and/or lavish bread (I like SamisBakery.com), Smaps cereal, French’s yellow mustard, olive oil, red wine vinegar, various coffees (many types of great coffee/espresso  makers will be there), various types of tea, real bacon bits, soynut butter (I.M. Healthy and/or Carb Not Beanit Butter), salt & pepper, water, Heinz home-style classic chicken gravy, Philly cream cheese, Stop & Shop ‘Simply Enjoy’ pasta sauce (2 net carb per ½ cup), various extracts and emulsions for flavor, hamburger, fresh and frozen cuts of chicken, beef, lamb, turkey, pig, alfredo sauce, guar gum, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, Hazelnut Flour, Soy Flour, Soy Protein Powder, Pork Rind Flour, Soy nuts (edamine), Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds, Macadamia Nuts, Peanuts, Sun flour Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Caraway Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Poppy Seeds, pork rinds, unsweetened cocoa powder, spices, chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, salad dressing mix, Bryer’s carb smart ice cream and ice cream bars, sugar free honey, Dixie Diner: Corn muffin mix, 5 minute fudge, the low carb granola.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:54:47 AM by F2S-Awesome »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fat to Skinny Island
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 12:19:14 PM »
No beanit  ?????

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 12:25:23 PM »
its there, i just spelled it wrong, lemme go fix that :), ok it's fixed, thanks. Didn't see anything else missing that we are going to need?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:27:44 PM by F2S-Awesome »

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »
Vodka?

(I'm just sayin')
 :P

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 09:34:34 PM »
Some Jose Cuervo would not hurt my feelings either! ::)
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 08:35:27 AM »
Hey guys

I was just at Walmart the other day stocking up on my crystal light and saw that the Walmart brand (great value) had a lime margarita flavor  :o :o  I didn't get it but wondered if it was good or not.  It might be good with that Jose Cuervo  ;)

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 10:18:02 AM »
Hi,
All those things sound great, but we have them already. Notice in the original post, "and of course a fully stocked bar with enough to last us all the year". But I am glad to see you are thinking of how to make sure the trip is fun. Seriously though, what I really want is anything that isn't on the list. I think a complete list of Fat to Skinny approved foods would be a great thing to have all in one place.
Thanks

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 10:27:16 AM »
tea
cheese - huge variety of cheese as well as the cream cheese already listed.
alfredo sauce

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 10:35:04 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for the posting. It does already have, “various cheeses (low and zero carb)” and it also has “heavy cream”, but if you think the list should have alfredo sauce specifically, I’ll add it. Thing is, I always make mine from fresh grated cheese and heavy cream but I guess some nice Bertolli alfredo in a jar wouldn’t be a bad idea for those lazy moments hehe, I’m also adding tea, great ideas. I have been reading some recipes on here and saw a lot of mention of guar gum and xanthan gum so I just added those too. Maybe some of you great bakers out there know some more things I am missing from the list? As I type this I thought of baking soda and baking powder, adding those now…
Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:54:05 AM by F2S-Awesome »

momma chops

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 04:07:32 PM »
Hey TooSweet I have tried the margarita flavor and it is very good. I have not tried it with Jose Cuervo but hey but anything is good with Jose Cuervo.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 05:31:29 PM »
I just saw a sugarfree margarita mix when in tampa the other day ;)
If you have beanit butter i will go on the island! :D I will need unsweetened cocoa powder too though! :D

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 06:14:31 PM »
1000 cases of beanit butter and 1000 lbs of unsweetened cocoa powder have bean loaded onto the ship. No worries. This is going to be a great trip :) R U sure now you don't need ANYTHING else? Speak now or soon it will be too late :)

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 09:14:01 AM »
How about all the other approved veggies on the list like the chayote squash, cabbage, all the other lettuces and greens etc....  I also like to use canned broth (when I'm to lazy to make my own  ;D) to use with the xanthan gum to make a low carb (.5 per 1/4 cup) gravy.  I like to use the Braggs apple cider vinegar (with the mother)  with olive oil and good seasons salad dressing mix.  Oh and did you list Bryers carb smart ice cream and ice cream bars?  Gotta have those... ;D ;D 

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 09:21:47 AM »
Hi, thanks for the reply. I’ll add the chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, salad dressing mix, Bryer’s carb smart ice cream and ice cream bars. Awesome additions. Can you be more specific please about what lettuces and greens you want added? Thanks so much!

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 10:24:09 AM »
Sure here is the whole list of allowed veggies sorry for any duplications.  ;)  Artichoke hearts, asparagus, green beans, bean sprouts, bok choy, broccoli, cabbage (all kinds ie: red, green, chinese ect...), cauliflower, celery, Swiss chard, callard greens, cucumber, eggplant, fennel, garlic, jicama, lettuce (ice burg, Butterhead {includes Boston and Bibb}, oak leaf, red leaf, and green leaf, Romaine or Cos, Arugula {rocket or roquette}, Belgian endive or French endive, Escarole,  Mâche or lamb’s lettuce or field salad, Raddicchio), mushrooms, okra, onions, peppers (red, green, yellow), pumpkin meat, radishes, scallions, snow peas, squash ( spaghetti, yellow, zucchini) tofu, tomato, turnip, turnip greens, watercress.  Also the gravy works for beef as well. ( my peeps can't tell the difference from my old gravy.... ;) hee hee)