Author Topic: Curious about Cholesterol and Other Numbers  (Read 10514 times)

SCB_FTTS

• View Profile
Curious about Cholesterol and Other Numbers
« on: March 11, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »
I saw the book Fat to Skinny in the Library and watched some youtube video recipes from your cooking show.
I do not eat at all the foods you do...  but am reviewing your information for several reasons.
One big question I have is... using all of the salts and soy you use... how are the cholesterol and blood pressures for people on your diet? Just curious....

I am fat from eating too much. But good 'healthy' foods. Not enough protein, mostly protein from beans.
I have lost 125+ pounds on my own and am trying to get better and explore other diets that are successful.
My health #'s are better as well.

I do not like meat but do eat eggs on occasion.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Curious about Cholesterol and Other Numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 02:16:47 PM »
Hello, SCB_FTTS! :)

Congratulations on your weight loss! :) :) :)
But it sounds like your health #'s (which are VERY important) need more help.

I was morbidly obese and received a dire warning from my doctor.
He said that if I did not get my weight lower and fix my bad health numbers, I would not be around much longer.

And what made matters worse, he went on to say that my cholesterol numbers were VERY bad, my triglycerides were FAR too high, and my sustained blood sugar levels (glucose by A1C) indicated that I was type II diabetic.

With all these issues, I was taking 6 different prescriptions to BARELY manage my health. I was simply slowing down the ill effects. But was still dying on my feet.

Doc told me that given my health numbers and weight, the likelihood of me being alive in 5 years would be a miracle. THAT SCARED THE DICKENS OUT OF ME!!!

One day in 2010, I heard about the FAT to Skinny (FTS) lifestyle. I thought I've tried everything else to lose weight over my 58 years (at the time) and every time I lost weight (even if it stayed off for a while) I would gain it back later, plus more. :'(

After about 6 months living the FTS lifestyle, my doctor declared I was no longer diabetic. And a couple months later, he removed the last of my prescription drugs and said that I should be able to look forward to a long and healthy life!!! :) :) :)

This lifestyle has worked for me, at EVERY level.
Here, almost 8 years later, my health is still FANTASTIC and my weight is still down.
This has NEVER happened before. I know I found the secret to a healthy life.

Regarding soy sauce, I use it occasionally but not often. I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos (much lower in sodium) as a substitute if a recipe calls for a lot of soy sauce.

Before FTS, my health demanded that I watch my sodium intake like a hawk.
Since then, sodium has had no ill effects on me. Although given my age (now 66), I try not to overdo it. No sense in tempting fate, right? ;)

I hope this helps you.
The FAT to Skinny lifestyle is a real LIFESAVER!!

Tony
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 02:19:00 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!