FAT TO SKINNY LOW CARB Forum
May 24, 2017, 06:42:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Best Low Carb Forum On The Web Loaded With Recipes and Support
Everyone who visits this low carb forum is welcome to join. Scroll down to see the boards
FAT TO SKINNY Books-BUY BOOKS HERE
FAT TO SKINNY HOME PAGE
Join The FAT TO SKINNY Facebook Fan Page FAN PAGE 
DONATE BUTTON- Donations are appreciated but not required. They are used to offset book giveaways to schools and kids.  THANKS!

Home   Help Search Calendar Advertise Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: unbelievable  (Read 4673 times)
Richard

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 07:58:05 PM »

Doug, haven't been on hear lately. I thought i would let you know that since the 2nd week in January I have lost 52 pounds. The thing that you didn't let me know is how much money I will be spending on new clothes even my shoes are getting too loose. Dr is not believing it either that a person that will be 60 in June is doing this without starving. He is wanting to do a blood profile on me. Is this necessary? Thanks Doug you are saving my life. And in the last 3 weeks I have gotten 4 other people on this life style change. This weekend I worked on the farm like a 30 year old. No joke my wife had to stop me. Having a ball
downeast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:59:06 PM »

Doug: it seems you have created Katary II here.  Wink
scottinflorida
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 10:25:17 PM »

Well done Richard!  You need to come to the forum more often and share that success story - it's great to hear!

owensmath
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 07:09:55 AM »

Richard, let him do the bloodwork as he will see great results compared to the previous ones that are pre-FTS.
umpa
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 07:49:06 AM »

You crack me up! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Welcome to the forum.If I can help please ask.I am umpa ,dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. Wait till your wife finds out you are about to get frisky!
Doug Varrieur
Author
Administrator

Commited to helping the world :)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »

Hi Richard, is the blood work necessary?That's up to you and the doc to decide. My guess is he thinks you have a physical disorder which has caused you to lose 52 pounds in 6 weeks.....heck, my doc suspected AIDS when he saw my weight loss! Many in the medical community have a hard time wrapping their brains around the simplicity of the concepts we follow. It wouldn't hurt to have blood drawn and a profile set up at your age....kinda like checking the plumbing. Have him add a PSA test (prostate blood test)  into the mix to check your levels, avoid the finger this year  Wink

Congratulations on your success, please send me before and after pics to DougVarrieur@fattoskinny.com  Grin

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  Cool
Countrygirl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 08:53:09 AM »

Way to go Richard. You really need to come to the forum more often and share your success stories. This is GREAT!!!  Grin Grin Grin
mouseissue
Global Moderator

Low Carb for Long Life!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 10:21:47 AM »

Welcome back Richard!  Smiley

That's fantastic!!!  Grin Grin Grin
Like Doug says, it's a good idea to see what's going on in your system by having a blood profile done.

Last week, I saw my doc and he declared that I'm no longer considered diabetic and my blood pressure is now well within normal limits.
For details, read the thread at: http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2199.msg19816#msg19816
As you read further down in the topic, you'll see the remaining numbers on my blood panel.

What you do today is what matters!

ShihTzuMom1
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 10:25:53 AM »

Wow that is wonderful Richard!!  I would have the blood work done, just so there is no question in anyone's mind that your health is improving.

joagain
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 11:39:06 AM »

Way to go Richard  !
Rena
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 10:13:53 PM »

Congratulations, Richard!

Good luck with your blood work and please let us know how it goes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Advertise Here

Advertise Here