Author Topic: Rena's Meal Plan  (Read 11335 times)

Rena

Re: Rena's Meal Plan
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 02:34:11 PM »
Rena, have you switched to an 8" plate instead of the large dinner plate?  That helps keep your portions smaller.  Get your measuring cups back out to refresh your memory as to what a 1/2 cup serving looks like.  I have to do that every once in a while because I find that my 1/2 cups get larger as time goes on.

Oh yeah -- I do that and I am really good about measuring. My weakness is cheese and it's easy to skip the scale when it comes to slicing a few pieces off a brick of cheddar. Somedays are just better than others. Today I'm doing good so far.

But lately, I've been a lot more hungry than normal, which I kind of think is from exercising more. I was exercising about 40 minutes, but I've added another 30 onto that. I use hand weights and walk on a Bowflex Treadclimber. Recently, Rick bought a recumbent bike, so I've been using that too, kind of as a 'cool-down' from the Treadclimber. I'm thinking it's just making me extra hungry, along with girl-stuff that comes and goes.

Rena

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 02:48:26 PM »
I haven't posted a meal plan in awhile, and I'm sure nobody cares, but it helps me keep things straight. Also, I haven't had dinner yet, so this is projected of what I'm planning on having.

Thursday, March 31, 2010

Breakfast --
One-Minute Muffin (egg white only) w/sf jelly (0)
2 slices bacon (0)
3 cups coffee w/cream (0)

Lunch --
2 ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups (1)
spicy pork rinds (0)
1 cup almond milk w/chocolate syrup (0)

Midday --
diet soda or Crystal Light tea mix (0)

Dinner --
2 small hamburger patties w/cheese (0)
Cajun turnip fries (4)

Dessert --
CARBmaster yogurt (4)
hot tea w/cream

Rena

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
I seem to have hit a wall and am not moving. Here's what I've had today so far ...

Friday, April 8, 2011

Breakfast --
2 slices bacon
One-Minute Muffin (egg white only) w/margarine & Walden Farms SF Apple Butter
2 cups coffee w/heavy cream

Lunch --
2 turkey/cheese wraps
single serving spicy pork rinds
water

I'm figuring the muffin has 1 carb, even though I tossed the egg yolk out. Is this still TOO MUCH food for each of these meals?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »
Hi Rena! :)

Based on your meal plans and assuming you don't eat when you're not hungry, you are well within FTS rules.

Remember that when we stop losing weight, our bodies are still going through a lot of changes.
Most of them, we cannot see.

My last "stop" lasted over a month and suddenly started again.
I will admit, when the 4th week came along, I was starting to wonder.
Then, lo and behold, my weight began to decrease again.

Do not let the scale dictate your success!
Just stick to the FTS rules and enjoy each day of your life!
You will reach your goal!

Oh and by the way, we DO care about your meal plan posts!
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 04:09:47 PM »
Thanks, Tony. Yeah, this is my second 'stop' so to say. I went up a few pounds recently, but then lost it when I went on that camping trip this past weekend. I even had a huckleberry dessert -- my first time 'cheating' since starting FTS. I wasn't going to have a piece, but she went to a lot of trouble. Since you're from the NW, you probably know how hard huckleberries are to get, not to mention how good they are. Even so, I had less than half of what everyone else had and still lost weight that weekend. Too bad it was weight I had gained though -- grrr!

I'm not having any snacks today and probably won't eat a dessert tonight, like a Jello or something. I have no clue what to eat for dinner at this point. It's really discouraging, but I've lost weight before and know that this is just how it is. I just hoped to be closer to my goal by now.

Rena

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 02:51:04 PM »
Today's lunch ...

It was really good and really easy because I just microwaved the chicken and muffin. And the whole lunch is less than 2 carbs, according to FatSecret. :)

1.5 cups fresh spinach
1 mini Babybel Original cheese
2 pepperoncinis, sliced
1 chicken tender
1-2 tablespoons Walden Farms Sesame Ginger Dressing

I tossed it all together and added a One-Minute Muffin (a sad looking one, at that!)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 03:40:01 PM »
Yummy looking lunch, Rena! :)

That One-Minute Muffin doesn't so sad to me.
Tasting good is what really matters (which I'm sure it did)! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2011, 02:38:35 PM »
I had an open-faced scrambled egg sandwich for lunch today. I hadn't had one of those in a long time. It went really well on the OMM made in a square shape.

Can you tell I love those OMMs?  :-*