Author Topic: Stalled weight-loss Why?  (Read 18913 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Stalled weight-loss Why?
« on: March 04, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »
I recently recieved this e mail from a reader;

It has been about a week now and I have already lost 10lbs! I'm so happy! I started at 230! I cannot wait to lose my first 50lbs! I'm only 16 and 6'1. I have struggled with my weight since I was a child and I was embarrassed when my mom caught me reading your book at barnes and noble because it was sort of like a cry for help with my weight! But she offered to buy it for me and I was still embarrassed but happy:D I am the only FAT person in the family:( Thank you sooo much for writing it!
Asia M.

Hi Doug! I'm having a major Dilemma! I have been doing everything correctly but my weight loss has stopped! It has only been 2 weeks! What is wrong with me? Please help! I'm no where near skinny!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:56:30 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stalled weight-loss Why?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 12:58:55 PM »
Asia, take a breath....it's OK  :) You've dropped 10 pounds in two weeks and your body is adjusting to the change. Stick to the plan and STAY AWAY from sugar and carbs. Soon your weight will start to drop off again.  By the way....congratulations on the ten pounds gone!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:57:24 AM by Doug Varrieur »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stalled weight- loss Why?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 01:03:27 PM »
As you lose weight plateaus are normal. The biggest mistake people make is thinking they are at the end of their weight loss. I realize we are all in a hurry to get skinny however your body needs to adjust itself as you drop. It's important to review your food intake during these plateaus, especially in the area of condiments. Make sure you're not taking in any sugar and your portion sizes are reasonable.

Don't forget, this is NOT A DIET. This is a lifestyle change....don't be in a hurry and don't fret...the weight will continue to drop off as long as you stay away from sugar and carbs.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:59:04 AM by Doug Varrieur »

Lori62

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 01:41:51 PM »
I also have had my 10-pound weight loss and my weight is staying about the same now.  I feel like my body is readjusting, but I still feel skinnier everyday and for this reason it keeps me going.  I feel I am getting skinnier from the inside out.   ;) It took me years to put this weight on so I am going to relax and enjoy my weight loss because I feel better daily.  I think if we weigh ourselves biweekly this also helps.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:00:22 AM by Doug Varrieur »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 02:04:44 PM »
Lori, you are 100% correct.... The scale can be your friend or your enemy. I've had readers who drove themselves crazy by weighing in twice a day! Every two weeks is a good timeframe.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:01:04 AM by Doug Varrieur »

pcr38babe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 08:10:52 PM »
I started out really good, 7 lbs in seven days.  Then I gained three pounds back!  And stayed, and stayed and stayed.  Now I'm discouraged.  I desperately need to lose for health sake.  I was very strict, used only home-made gelatin for jello with reccomended berries, whipped cream from the can (1 carb only).  What is going on?? I have stayed beneath 20 carbs per day also, averaging around 15 to 16.

I've been on the diet two weeks Sunday.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:02:35 AM by Doug Varrieur »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »
Lets start with an accurate post of exactly what you're eating and drinking including condiments, sweeteners and portion sizes. Start tomorrow and keep a log for a couple of days then post it all so we can analyze it. Don't worry we'll get you straight. :) You're in good hands with this group.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:03:12 AM by Doug Varrieur »

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
Re: Stalled [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] Why?
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 12:19:28 PM »
It is really helpful to discuss this issue ....I feel like I have stalled at the moment and I do not like it.....I wonder if this happen's to many of us on the plan here......I will not stay down about it or give up, but it sure is  :( for the moment........

After a month, I feel what she felt and so thanks Doug, ....I will take a breath with her and of course keep going ....NO TURNING BACK!
Asia, take a breath....it's OK  Smiley You've dropped 10 pounds in two weeks and your body is adjusting to the change. Stick to the plan and STAY AWAY from sugar and carbs. Soon your weight will start to drop off again.  By the way....congratulations on the ten pounds gone!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:25:56 PM by Cyndi »

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »
Don't you worry Cyndi, have faith and carefully review your intake. It's amazing how many times something simple is the problem and many times it's simply an adjustment period. Hang in there :)

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »
Hello everyone...Being on this Life Plan..I have ran into a few stalls and have always found it had to do with a certain something, something I added to my menu (one time it was blueberries I was having in my sugarfree jello)...or as much as we hate to hear this ..Portion Size..Fooling myself ya know?...lol..Make a few adjustments and Pleaaaaassse do not always go by the number on the scale....I did not lose a pound for 3 weeks yet I went down a whole size in-between that time....Don't look at it as I diet..Look at it as a way of life and really it will come off...And show on the scale too..But only if your staying true to You!

Good Luck Everyone and Have A Wonderful New Week!

Doreen
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 07:58:26 PM »
Great advice Doreen! All of us should use a tape measure!Even if you aren't losing pounds you may be losing inches. ;)

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 09:31:31 PM »
yes, this helps a lot! Thank you so much for your precious encouragement Doreen!!  You have a great week also
...and especially tomorrow~~ Have a Blessed day!
:D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:04:29 AM by Doug Varrieur »

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

snobles

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 10:56:59 AM »
@ Doug, are we to stay away from like sweet n low and artificial sweetners? Are those bad as well??

owensmath

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 11:48:46 AM »
Lori, you are 100% correct.... The scale can be your friend or your enemy. I've had readers who drove themselves crazy by weighing in twice a day! Every two weeks is a good timeframe.

***< RAISING HAND>***  That's me! I'm one of the crazy ones who weigh  morning and night. But, there is a method to my  madness. I always think at night, "Yay, it will be at least two pounds lighter in the morning!"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:03:52 AM by Doug Varrieur »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 09:24:03 AM »
Snobles those are fine,beware of headaches if you use too much though. ;)